New Teenage Engineering products

Too small (and too expensive/nickabale) for gigs in my opinion - You only need spend a few hundred on a good small live mixer.

Oh didn’t think of this. Liam Killen just mentioned this in one of his stories. Using the Line module on the OPZ you can get 3 outputs that you can then send into the TX-6. Very nice, and now need to try and get a Line module.

1 Like

Did you add “mental health” in quotes for added vigour?

Yeah, and they are air quotes too :smile:

If it’s set and forget it is not too small. I hardly adjust anything on the mixer in a live situation once set but this one seems quite easy to adjust. Probably too expensive yes but if I get to play concerts more frequently I’ll definitely consider it.

Now, I wonder if a person with good ears can tell the difference in sound quality between 3.5 mm mini jack and 6.3 mm jacks. Probably pretty hard yes?

Its not about the size of the jack, its about if its balanced or not. No 48V either.

If your recording, babyface Pro deems like a better option, if you want a mixer for live work there are a ton of better specified (even analogue) options for a fraction of the cost…for me a digital mixer would need a screen I could see (is the TE one backlit?) or a WYSIWYG analogue type mixer.

Anyway- obviously not for me…but TE care never dull!

Sure there are many other mixers on the market that does a lot more. But that is clearly not the point here. Portability while still having basic mixer features and good quality is the specific purpose of this one.

Yup, must be…small and portable is cool, but I just cant see the need for ‘tiny’ in any circumstance I can think of…I am sure some will! Now if it could record with OP-1 like tape then different proposition (future update? depends if it has storage I guess)

1 Like

Traveling musicians will find this very useful.
The mixer my friend and I use is pretty normal in size but that is already big for what it’s used for which is only 2 stereo in and nothing else during the concert. When you carry 4-5 other machines and synths along with you it would be great to replace a bulky mixer with this one :grinning:

2 Likes

2 stereo in? Here you go- similar size + rechargeable battery- saved you $1150 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I know about that one. I’m sure you cannot expect the same quality though.
Also the TX-6 has many other features that makes it look appealing.

I’ll stick with my Ashley 1U 8 channel (every channel with stereo inputs) stereo mixer. It comes with a table (flat top) great for holding multile PO’s.

1 Like

Almost certainly not the same quality, but still- $50 Vs $1200 :wink:

I am looking forward to the reviews to see if the DACs are up there with Aplogee and RME etc., there is still a lot I dont understand about this device, like does it record all inputs at once to separate channels as an I/O or does it mix all the inputs and just record 2+2 (it says 2+2 USB Audio Interface)

I am sure there will be YT Videos from the usual suspects soon enough…Loopop, Cuckoo etc.

I love the fact that it’s all stereo line only. So many otherwise great mixers have a bunch of wasted (for me) XLR inputs that I’ll never use.

2 Likes

They were in stock at Thomann when I looked this morning.

2 Likes

BlueBox has that covered pretty well 6 stereo line (also takes Eurorack line levels as well) and records without needing a computer which is I think something I would want for spontaneous live recording or even just Eurorack noodling.

1 Like

It’ll make your synths look huge!

3 Likes

I mean I can very easily record 6 stereo tracks with this to my phone, do some light mixing and release it on whatever platform I want… the difference with this device as well is that it records POST fader… neither ZOOM or Tascam does that.

I mean that won’t sway someone who’s already set on hating this device but still…

3 Likes

how does this compare to op1 and opz??

i’ve gotten reliably great sound out of both machines and bought tx6 expecting the same results based on my experiences

(also, sorry if this info is readily available and i missed it)

This little mixer is exactly what I was looking for a few years ago, but my OP-Z experience has totally soured my view of TE. I initially really enjoyed it, but I’ve experienced some build quality issues and I’ve come to really dislike the sound of the synth engines. The price of this mixer seems pretty unreasonable, but maybe they’re trying to go the Leica route (premium quality, low volume, premium pricing)… except that they don’t seem to own their mistakes or build reliable products.

1 Like