New Teenage Engineering products

They’re teasing a big announcement tomorrow on their Instagram. Any ideas?

rick and morty op-z

1 Like

they’ve made a modular housed in an IKEA kallax unit?

Big announcement?

My guess is an OP-Z that doesn’t fall apart after less than a year of use and will actually fit with the add-on modules.

Just based on problems I’ve seen on the OP-Z thread.

1 Like

Maybe Playdate ?

1 Like

interesting

A bigger, few more features, sampler based on the 33 would be fantastic. Love that thing, would sell a ton I’m sure. One can dream.

1 Like

The instagram post I saw was a video alternating between a metronome, and a glass of liquid that was slowly starting to ripple with an increasing noise sound in the background. Clearly, this is to introduce a new TE Subwoofer that accepts clock signals.

1 Like

OD-SUB or OD-CLOCK

Nah, that’s not their MO :rofl:

I love TE’s innovation, sometimes their design, but their quality control and customer service often disappoint me.

I don’t want to rag on them too much but aside from the PO’s almost everything I bought from TE has had or has developed a fault, apart from the OD-11 I think I have bought almost everything they have made, and will probably carry on to do so, but I really wish they’d get their backend operations as good as their storefront.

In an ideal world one of the many synth youtubers would try to talk to them about stuff like this, but that’s as likely as a Turkey looking forward to Christmas :joy:

3 Likes

maybe thats because most youtubers mess around with the products for a month at most, post their “review” videos, sell the unit and move on to the next? (im being cynical here I guess, but seems to me many tubers just want to be on the spotlight and making music for them is a secondary thing)

2 Likes

I see that TE collaborated w/ Panic on this, but I wouldn’t consider this a TE product

1 Like

Indeed they were only involved with the crank lol

1 Like

This looks pretty cool

Sadly not real
Can somebody make it please

1 Like

So that’s the part that will break in 2 months. The rest will stay intact for 10 years

6 Likes

A firmware update fulfilling the potential of opz ?
Opz app running on Mac / pc / Linux .
An ikea / collab Bluetooth sub bass / coffee grinder / avocado de-stoner ?
A black op-1

1 Like

I think TE are ripping the pish with that announcement! :joy:

1 Like

a Rumble Pak for OP-Z :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

OMG :rofl: so now when you take damage you’ll feel it

1 Like

Why would anyone want that?

4 Likes