New Teenage Engineering products

Well, I wasn’t wrong:laughing:

As silly as it sounds, I’m oddly curious about this one. It’s a tough sell though, because it’s something you’d need to feel for yourself before buying. It could be a nice addition, or it could get annoying after 5 minutes when your hands start tingling from all the vibrations. :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Damn dude I was fully ready for this to be something cool but a $90 rumble pack is a joke! The last rumble pack I bought came packed in with Starfox 64. A brand new PS4 controller only costs $60! If this was $30 tops, but come on… Ninety dollars!?!

6 Likes

when i saw the ‘feel the beat’ email i was expecting an 8 channel x L&R TRS individual out interface or something useful.

1 Like

Wonderful. A brand new company like ASM is introducing the Hydrasynth, while TE keeps selling hipster toys. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

This is one of the dumbest products I’ve ever seen. I’m sure they will sell a bunch.

8 Likes

This will make the loose backplate on my op-z even more annoying :joy:
I’ll pass on this one.
I’m glad that they managed to address some of the most requested things (sampling, USB Audio) via Firmware updates, without having to buy modules, so I can’t even complain about this module. The time to develop it could have been spent more wisely though IMO.

3 Likes

8 Likes

umm

wat

:zonked:

1 Like

I’ve been called a hipster… and also worse names. I like avocado toast, but don’t have a beard, only wear tight jeans once or twice a week, don’t bring an analog typewriter to coffee shops.

No way I’m interested in this thing

5 Likes

I am a huge opz fan but I can’t imagine why this would have been developed over module to split audio output. This is actually baffling.

1 Like

Lofelt and Teenage Engineering unveil Rumble , a silent haptic subwoofer module for the popular synthesizer and sequencer, OP-Z.

Rumble is the product of close collaboration between the acclaimed music/design house, Teenage Engineering and Lofelt. The module recreates the natural bass vibrations experienced on traditional acoustic instruments – but missing on modern music-making gear – and turns the OP-Z into the world’s first tactile audio synth. It features the one-of-a-kind Lofelt L5 wideband haptic actuator which reproduces frequencies from 150Hz all the way down to 10Hz in high-fidelity. Thanks to psychoacoustics, the human brain perceives these vibrations as deep, powerful bass. Rumble also adds another exclusive feature to OP-Z: a silent metronome for live performance.

Lofelt was originally founded to bring the physical dimension of music to digital instruments. Our founders, along with many of us on the Lofelt team, come from audio technology backgrounds. The first Lofelt product, the award-winning and unique Basslet wearable subwoofer, showcased our novel audio-haptic approach to deliver a richer, more powerful music experience.

Today, Lofelt has expanded its vision to designing the most remarkable haptic experiences for all our favorite devices. We have become the industry leader in audio-haptic technologies, driving a paradigm shift across several industries such as music, gaming, AR/VR/XR, medical and beyond. Lofelt innovative design tools and drive solutions put high-definition haptics in reach for any product.

With Rumble , we revisit our musical roots and, together with Teenage Engineering, once again push the boundaries of how people experience and create music by forging deeper connections between creators and their machines.

it’s a lofelt Coop and i guess it feels awesome and really unique with its frequency respond!

It seems like manufacturing more oplabs would have made more sense. There was like a 1 week window in february when those were available. The beating metronome would be kind of nice but doesn’t make me want to drop a quick $90.

Bummer dude

They made a basslet wearable thing presumably usable with a wide range of audio devices.

So now they’ve made another version that only works with 1 niche synth device that maybe 10 people will buy and regret.

… and who gives out an award for a bracelet that vibrates ?

Yes , I’m very dismissive of this .
‘ forging deeper connections ‘ … I smell a marketing department getting paid far too much for their bull#%_t

3 Likes

Maybe the new module will accidentaly trigger buttons as it vibrates…sorry :smile:

2 Likes

So to use this, are you meant to press play and then hug your OP-Z?

A bluetooth chestpad would have made a lot more sense than a nubbin extruding from the back of the OPZ.

I have a Basslet and it is a pretty good device for enhancing the bass experience of listening to music, but it sits on your wrist.

ahh so this is like a subpaq for the OPZ

still pass

1 Like

notices email from TE.
thinks wow cool yay - wonder what this…
reads email…
feels very sad.
checks forums for jokes.
processes the fact it’s a real thing.
feels even more sad.

8 Likes

Because of my jokes I finally got a post hidden by community flags. I didn’t mean anything nasty towards TE

My OP-1 ain’t going nowhere (except on travel w/ me) and I still want a Rick & Morty PO

2 Likes