New Teenage Engineering products

This was amazing for Star Fox 64

2 Likes

Not even an influencer has been arsed to do a YouTube advert for itā€¦(that Iā€™ve seen)

1 Like

Do you own an OP-Z? Youā€™re trashing it for the build quality, which is on the up if youā€™re having those issues yourself but lame if youā€™re just parroting the experience of others. Thatā€™s how small manufacturing issues start to be perceived as the rule rather than the exception.

2 Likes

I edited out the offending text. Have a good day

2 Likes

Usually people only give internet feedback when they have a problem. I shall do the opposite. I have an OP-1 and an OP-Z and Iā€™ve had zero problems. Well, the rubber foot got knocked off my OP-1, but I glued that back on.

1 Like

I really loved the op-1.
I guess it was a failure to sell it. Well I didnā€™t used it anymore, but heck - it is something special.

thatā€™s true, there are a lot of people never ever had an TE experience but shouting out loud that the build quality is shit and such, early production units do often come with flaws and that is an Industry Standard but thatā€™s the mf guarantee for.

iā€˜ve had the doubletrigs and an OP1 with a broken mic on the connector but everything was solved by TE with no additional costs.

nothing to moarn about. :innocent:

releasing half-assed products with bad build quality is not a ā€œindustry standardā€, it should be the exception, especially not for a company who is asking a premium price for their products.

Itā€™s also not what the guarantee is for.

And yes most people dont post when they have zero complains, but the amount of complains about the latest TE products is obviously a symptom of bad quality assurance and customers should know to make a informed decision before buying.

6 Likes

a rumble pack, how beautiful!
if TE will keep being that up-to-date in their product-releases then we will hopefully see their fidget-spinner soon!!!

5 Likes

One of the reasons I said my OP-1 ainā€™t going nowhere is itā€™s been reliable for me. :+1:

1 Like

Ok but you could probably send it trigs and sample itself rattling against the table or in a bowl of rice or something. Hopefully. Or stick lego in and have it glitch drum all kinds of different things. Yā€™all need to experiment with vibrating motors more.

4 Likes

:poop::poop::poop:

1 Like

legit laughed out loud - :joy:

1 Like

of course but isnā€˜t this stuff so niche that just a few people experienced this and I can tell you that the first post about doubletrigs has been made by meā€¦last year but most people concentrate on storyā€™s about build quality and donā€˜t see that TE stuff is far ahead in terms of functionality, look at all the IPads and MacBooks dying with flaws from a company that invented this stuff back in the days. you can moarn about everything if itā€™s your choice to do so.

just skip stuff and go on.

Iā€™m curious about the rumble pack, it could be good

I actually enjoy playing with the speakers on my Yamaha reface CP because I can feel the case vibrating to the sound, like an acoustic instrument

They might have something interesting here, though Iā€™m kinda skeptical since imo, unlike on a keyboard the OP-Z is rather programmed than played so Iā€™m not constantly touching/holding it

The purpose then seems defeated and it will maybe get annoying rumbling on a table?

Seems a bit expensive as well

Curious to see how an add-on that doesnā€™t enhance audio in any way will sell

2 Likes

I am getting this rumble. :grin:

Will be a TE collectors item in xx years, bc only 157 sold units.

:diddly: :panda:

1 Like

It will be sitting in a museum right next to the D-Beam

1 Like

Hey I like the D beam! My buddy and I used the SP555 D beam to slap the unit and trigger a sample that yelled ā€œouch!ā€

6 Likes

I had a Handsonic and enjoyed using the D-Beam on that one.

1 Like