New Teenage Engineering products

Not welcomed, or not welcomed by some? As a TE user, I’m not bothered by it.

Considering I’m not pushing BlueBox on anyone, it seems likely your opposition to it is helping to keep the conversation going.

What is the conversation?

I’d be happy to help

Just to change the subject…I see the TE Shop forum has the TX-6 as ‘sold out’, have they actually sold the first batch or is this just a place holder? So weird for YT not to be flooded with user videos, they are keeping the mystery!

1 Like

If you’re not sure there’s 1101 posts to help get you centered.

I wouldn’t be surprised. On Instagram there’s lots of enthusiasm for these.

I’m not sure how small their first batches are but I’m sure they’ll sell quickly.

In those 1101 posts you think i’m hindering discussion?

This genuinely surprised me and I guess means they didn’t send beta copies to the usual YT influencers in advance. Still I know they have artists who test for them but haven’t heard any who worked on this project and are ready to their observations (like with the ZM4 line module and other product releases)

1 Like

I just looked back on the site- you can add it to the cart now so they are in stock on 1-5 days deleivery…so people should have them in hand soon…the OS is also downloadable but the ‘slim’ cables are not available yet. They must be confident as there is not even a launch discount like I got with my OP-Z when I got a free yellow case- the TX case is another 60 quid!

1 Like

If anyone is need of slim cables, check out mycablemart.

I bought most of my 3.5 mm cables and adapters from here My Cable Mart | eBay Stores

They have their own website to buy direct from. There must be UK options too.

Good question, I don’t think you can record multitrack to DAW from Bluebox since it has only one main output but it has separate mono inputs. I don’t have any online recordings but need to upload some.

1 Like

I love my KMix! I need to figure out how to best record from it to my DAW however. I have been using it just for a regular mixer which works amazing. Love the colorful touch sliders.

2 Likes

same here I have an OP-1 which I love and Bluebox which works well for what it is. The TX6 looks interesting but very expensive. There are other things I want more for same or less cash. But for those with everything that need the ultimate compact mixer/audio device, it could be great for them. Before buying one, I would need to try it at the very least.

2 Likes

It has 3 stereo outs that can all be separate stereo mixes. And I haven’t installed the latest update but I understand you can now have 1 stereo out and 4 mono outs. Someone else mentioned there was a new update that finally added 2nd second out could be changed to two mono outs… Please feel free to correct me on this!

1 Like

very well said
i completely agree with this

kinda where i’m at with the Syntakt

They are definitely all over the place. I have all the pocket operators though I will probably sell most of them once I sample them into my Digitakt and Black Box. Had the OP-1 for a while but never liked the sound. Just watching this product from a distance with great curiosity.

1 Like

Youi can get them easily enough (for example Amazon kenable Slimline PRO 3.5mm Jack to Jack Stereo Audio Cable Lead GOLD 1m Black [1 metres] : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
but it seems weird TE don’t have their branded ones ready at launch as you could save postage ordering them with your mixer if you wanted them…lets face it, if you are spending £1200 on the mixer you probably want the matching cables…

I held off buying the branded ones cause i might not need them. Absolutely don’t care whether the cables match the gear but wish they had included slim cables as the freebie instead of an 1/4" adapter. Actually for not including their low-profile cabling i’d probably avoid getting em out of spite :smiling_imp:

If my current crop of cables don’t work then i simply won’t use adjacent ports (aux, cue, and the inputs at top) until i get some

No big deal

1 Like

From the size comparison with OP-Z in the First Look video, it seems that regular 3.5mm cables can be used

1 Like

Might be onto something. One sentence reviews. “It’s slightly shit but fun.”

I did a quick mockup with a popular Hosa brand cable, and unfortunately it does not look like it’s going to fit.

2 Likes

Definitely not. This requires special “slimline” cables. Idiotic decision.

2 Likes