New Teenage Engineering products

With the new Drambo update can you not multitrack straight into a DAW via USB-C from the iPad?

Trying to get my head around iOS and audio out

Maybe thatā€™s a good q for the drambo thread not the TE one?

2 Likes

True.

Was just trying to understand the link between the TX-6 and iOS if iOS can multitrack out itself direct to a Mac etc

I did end up testing the TX-6 on a friends force and itā€™s not compatible with the Force because the force only works in 44.1 audio in standalone, MPC is the same. So I guess this doesnā€™t work with MPC but does with Maschine+.

Edit: and just to be clear the Force did display an error message saying this was the case.

Typically NYC commute :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Problem with that is you lose the visual reference - although knobs arenā€™t really a ā€˜graphical eqā€™ they do kind of a similar thing. A lot would be lost there IMO - unless maybe they used LEDā€™s or something to show the value around the button?

lols depending on your cables. . itā€™s a 3 channel mixer or a 6 channel mixer.

2 Likes

this is so dumb

you could take a similar picture with any gear

1 Like

of the cables not fitting next to each other? idkā€¦ even in tightly spaced eurorack modules cables fit pretty well. and in V1 modules (like some intellijel modules) when the cables were too cramped and wouldnā€™t accept typical eurorack cables the V2 of that module was 2hp bigger and had just that much more room for normal cables.

a $1100 or whatever this costs tiny mixer could be like 2cm wider to accommodate more cable typesā€¦ but thatā€™s meā€¦ and i wouldnā€™t buy this if i had all the money in the world.

1 Like

yeahā€¦ Bluebox suffers from the same problem and nobody jokes about it, so much hate against TE is getting really really ridiculousā€¦

5 Likes

how much does the blue box thing cost? i havenā€™t looked at any of those boxes really. not my cup of tea really.

and really, i just thought the pic w/the cables was funny. thatā€™s the end of it. i understand that some people like small devices for whatever reasons and find things to do w/them. iā€™m sure someone will do dope stuff w/them. theyā€™re just not for me and the price raises an eyebrow for me.

i think getting butthurt over gear is pointless but also think getting evangelical over it is dumb too.

3 Likes

of someone purposely plugging the wrong cable into an i/o port

thatā€™s cool if you thought it was funnyā€¦iā€™d only find it funny if it were new info and TE hid the size or need for slim cables from folks

nobody is butthurt, calm down :smile: you might have gotten more laughs if you were the first person circulating the pic

iā€™m 100% in agreement that it should be wider but that has nothing to do with the price or cables (to me) i havenā€™t heard a logical explanation from anyone why it needs to be so small

itā€™s irrational

but iā€™m also willing to admit the size hasnā€™t made it unusable

2 Likes

i had no idea since i never paid attention to the 1010 stuff before this mixer came out

pretty funny, i had a few slimline cables in my stack already but got some more from 1010!

lolsā€¦ yeahā€¦ i hear ya. i guess anyone who is going to buy will go the extra $$ for whatever cables it requiresā€¦ i also donā€™t understand why it needs to be so small unless thereā€™s something to do w/that kanye product or whatever was supposed to happen. perhaps it was just small already and did minimum changes to it to release it.

things like this seem perfectly in character for TE thoughā€¦ i meanā€¦ they make small things w/lotā€™s of functionality that appeal to certain users. this mixer fits right in. but jfc smol.

price seems like apple type mark up or something. if an ipad mini had 6 audio inputs on itā€¦ or something something.

as for butthurtā€¦ i was just speaking generally. itā€™s all just gear. use what works. who cares.

2 Likes

specs are, to my knowledge, incomplete or a bit misleading so your assessment is fair

enjoy your M10 :dove:

1 Like

Does anyone know if the book about the tx-6 ,shown by Tobias on SB will be for sale?

2 Likes

Wes makes some valid points about TX-6 ergonomics, especially the need to use two hands to keep it steady when in use. Seems like it might have benefited from velcro on the back, as with the OP-1 Field. Yes, you could add your own velcro but good luck getting the adhesive off the PU leather backing if you change your mind!

3 Likes
21 Likes

Such tiny lettering!

1 Like