New Teenage Engineering products

I want it to have a screen :joy:
I don’t know why though…

2 Likes

I honestly think that a screen would ruin the experience… I’m probably biased though since I’ve come to be so accustomed to the workflow…

3 Likes

+1 for no screen

4 Likes

I know I know :joy: the more I thought about it the more I realized it is what it is, and I can always use the app.

I don’t normally use the app with OP-Z and I always cry out for computer screen-less music making, so I do appreciate that the OP-Z makes you zoom out and consider the visual feedback coming from the whole device.

Since I got the op-1 field I haven’t used my Z as much but I think that needs to change.

What is with that date format? Is that really how they write the date in Netherlands/Sweden?

If they are going to make a Field version of the Z, would you get rid of the visuals parts (photomatic, dmx, videopacks)? I hardly hear of anyone using them. What would you replace them with?

I wish OP-Z had more storage (could be done via the app to swap sample packs/engines in) and better quality sound engines with more parameters to push them sonically. That, and expanding the awesome sequencer to do even more.

Edit: I’m just not sure of the point of a OP-Z Field if it only changes the enclosure and gives you stereo samples.

1 Like

This guy has thoughts:

This seems linked to the ongoing Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) : ADE and mobility brand Lynk & Co partner up for Lab Events, social hangouts and competitions | ADE

Relevant part for TE:

teenage engineering also take over for a workshop that invites you to come and have a play with their new portable TX–6 field mixer and OP–1 field, answer your questions, and even win some new teenage engineering before listening to live music from Nadia Struiwigh and trensum.

Always wanted to play with an OP-Z, was close to pulling the trigger until the Field series was unleashed.

Surely its gonna happen soon???

It’s how most people who aren’t Americans write it

I thought that is how Americans write it?

1 Like

Oh gods, you’re right, my bad. I guess target market?

1 Like

Yeah in the U.S. we write typically write it as month/day/year. It’s very confusing and I often mess it up since it’s so much more logical to go from smaller to larger, but it’s just one of those dumb things. As far as “Americans” I think the rest of the Americas such as Canada and Mexico etc. go day/month/year.

2 Likes

That’s always bugged me, but there’s lots of dumb things relating to time such as 7 days in a week or 60 seconds in a minute or 60 minutes in an hour. Most of it is based upon the Babylonians because they had a base 60 numeric system, or they went with 7 days in a week because they saw 7 planets orbiting us. huge pet peeve of mine. I also hate the expression “pet peeve”.

5 Likes

anyone have the ob-4? is there latency when using the aux input?

No but I could see someone accidentally rewinding it just a little bit, there would be latency in that case but you just press the play button and it should snap back to real time.

What is up with this ridiculous company?

4 Likes

They’re doing what they want to do? :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Since they are a design company, they do what design companies do, they design stuff, which includes beer packagings, I guess?

4 Likes

That’s actually pretty awesome as a beer fan!

2 Likes