New Teenage Engineering products

:heavy_check_mark: Love TE
:heavy_check_mark: Love Japanese-style beers
:heavy_multiplication_x: In Sweden

5 Likes

Oh no, it’s the fun police!

8 Likes

You can drink it, while you fiddle with an 2000€ op-1 field and think it‘s worth it, while your bended op-z sadly is not working any longer. It cost only 550€, not made for eternity.

Officer McExpensivo is on duty also :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I don‘t like this Company. Bad Vibes if you ask me.

1 Like

Indeed, the essence of beer.

2 Likes

Well, they are definitely making sure they are not just thought of as a ‘synth’ company…rebranding existing cheap record players and now beer- very strange direction if you ask me, I can’t say I get it.

1 Like

I mean the can design is pretty tight not gonna lie. Big machinedrum/monomachine vibes from that.

4 Likes

I call it lifestyle branding. Set the main product. Get your client base - well heeled hobbyists/musos . Branch out into merch at premium prices.
It becomes a statement of wealth at some point.

Edit: The portability of it all, including the OB4 is about al fresco party/picnic (remember the OB-4 teaser image?). What is a picnic without beer?

Next product: TE cucumber sandwiches with LED labels :wink: You heard it here first, folks.

1 Like

6 Likes

I don’t know, it’d be awesome to have my companies logo on a beer collaboration. I mean c’mon, think about it, it’s beer! Not to mention, I’d drink less, one of the cans goes on the shelf!

3 Likes

Agreed! As soon as we saw this we were like, “Damn, should we get our branding on a batch?” :laughing: :beers:

1 Like

It’s straight up performance art at this point.

I’m just not sure if we’re the audience or part of the exhibit.

1 Like

It’s a lifestyle brand. Nothing really new about the concept. Plenty of other fodder in the world to feel outrage over but it’s a synth forum so what would one expect…

1 Like

My opz still works good…
I don’t really use it anymore though out of resentment of this company.

I agree, nothing new with a beer collaboration. I live in Chicago, and there are tons of breweries and I see a lot collaboration’s. Often with other breweries and restaurants, but also with brands, organizations, etc. I mean at this point, if you’re not collaborating with a beer company, what is your brand even doing?

Also, if I remember correctly, I think Chase Bliss did a beer collab a couple months ago. They did a “Mood” beer, but I don’t recall what brewery they did it with. Probably up in Minnesota where they are located.

I’m doing a collaboration right now with the guy in the alley. It’s bathtub gin, but with a twist. I can’t tell you what the twist is though, you’ll just have to try it. That’s good marketing right there.

4 Likes

You’re adding reverb and delay to the botanicals?

1 Like

Oh that’s good, I might have to add that to next batch. We’ll get you in on a three way collab.

2 Likes

Say no more, I’m in. Sounds like a safe and lucrative venture. I mean, it’s in a alley. So yeah.

3 Likes

Of course, this is a top tier operation we have here.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone know why bathtub gin might cause blindness? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I have heard it can cause temporary blindness that is permanent. Maybe need better lighting, alleys can be dark?

1 Like

Yeah, probably just need a better light bulb, thanks.

1 Like