New Teenage Engineering products

You actually had me there, if even for a split second.

I was like “WHAT NOW” and was about to hit the web, but then I was like “Wait a minute …” but then back to “BUT WHAT IF IT’S TRUE" and then back to “Ohforgodsake …”

:smile:

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

The bots are angry.

Let’s try to keep the thread on topic once it automatically reopens.

And please re-examine our forum guidelines.
Thanks. :thup:

Edit , some posts scrubbed

9 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Excited to see how this patentware turns out. Could be a really nice addition to the audio recorder market, maybe checking off a few other portable audio needs in the process. Let’s see. Any idea of release date?

1 Like

Same, maybe it’ll finally be a worthy successore to my tuff little Sony M10. We still have zero info other than the patent!

2 Likes

Hoping for the same insane battery life you get from the OP-1 Field, so you can leave the thing on to grab recordings. Then again, the OP-1’s boot time is pretty minimal anyway.

Most likely sometime in the next couple weeks, i actually think this might be revealed this thursday/friday.

they did a similar thing last year before superbooth; reveal their new product a couple weeks before event (tx-6) then reveal there updated product at the event (op-1 field)

Hoping this is replicated with the tp-7 and a op-z field!

6 Likes

Ah nice, hopefully that’s the plan. That’s way quicker than it seemed like it was gonna be!

Makes sense with Superbooth etc.

1 Like

so we’re getting two new things? pretty sick

https://www.instagram.com/p/CriwdIrsP5y

7 Likes

Ok so a contemporary/retro mic and are we getting a looper, synth or something else? :eyes:

yeah it seems like the other leaked product is totally separate.

this is a mic/preamp/portable interface for $1,200

detailed spec found here

3 Likes

Surely you must have better examples of ”hideous” design than that? :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully this is one of two major release like last year. Guessing OP-Z Field not coming anytime soon

1 Like

yeah i rather like korg designs (for the most part) including the enclosure and layout of the drumlogue

the only thing they’ve made recently that i disliked was volca modular and even then i’m not sure i’d consider it poorly designed…just not my taste

1 Like

Watch this video by son wu speculating about the CM-15 months before it was revealed

Now look at this…

this isnt a coincidence…

5 Likes

Nice one. I was skeptical when watching the video

Is this mic sensitive enough to pick up the rustle of my handlebar mustache in the summer breeze?

2 Likes

Maybe now this makes more sense?
Mixer + mic + tape recorder?

4 Likes

$ 4000 of TE and a $30 Tape Recorder to capture it all. Sounds about right :wink:

7 Likes