New Teenage Engineering products

at first silly me though that it’s some sort of a mini tape, like DAT tape… silly silly me…

1 Like

They are clearly trolling and having fun doing it!

3 Likes

I gotta admire their shithousery

3 Likes

No shit.
Fantastic.
:rofl:

I thought it was a meme and had to check

They definitely have quite some humor.
And a wee bit of my respect for this joke.

10 Likes

Im convinced Uli and Jesper have a chat in which they laugh over screenshots of the community outrage.

They know exactly what they are doing and they’re doing an amazing job at it. Make people talk about you, wether good or bad, constantly. It’s the apple way and it sure has worked for them and I’m sure it works with teenage engineering. We are all waiting for this new tape recorder thing from them and they drop this, it’s an absolutely perfect troll job. Can only respect it at this point. My guess is next week we will see the actual tape recorder at super booth and the suckers most of us are, we will drool over it/complain about the price, rinse/repeat

8 Likes

1 Like

We got Rick…tape…rolled…

something…

:laughing:

3 Likes

Sweet…now I can look my best while performing from my TE Desk:

3 Likes

Indeed, and this is late-stage capitalism at its best.

Sorry, no respect from me here. IMHO people like TE are part of the problem, and I despise them for it, they knowingly suck up people’s up attention for their own gain. They are indeed talented, no doubt, but apparently but not intelligent enough to do something productive for this planet and the people on it.

I mostly keep out of discussions like these, but sometimes I find that needs pointing out.

2 Likes

This thread had been moved to a more appropriate forum:

3 Likes

You know, I’m impressed that actually goes to a TE Product topic on an IKEA page, not just a generic link to the IKEA homepage.

Little extra effort goes along way

I love tape.

Like I love this thread.

2 Likes

Nearly tempted to order one just to see if its real or some late April fools haha

1 Like

Totally worth it - these items are made out of:

• 75% recycled CIRCAL anodized aluminum alloy from scandinavian manufacturer Hydro.

….what a relief! :thinking::joy:

1 Like

If anyone is struggling right now, and needs me to hold their tape, I can help.

1 Like

Sold!!

1 Like

Every time I get tempted to buy the OP-1 Field, things like this tape holder come along and remind me that nothing they make is worth the price. Even if the OP-1 Field is a valuable piece of gear for some people, its legitimacy is tainted by their clownish accessories. I guess I can thank them for saving me money.

4 Likes

I thought this would have been more their speed:

5 Likes

It’s a four track!

12 Likes