No LFO SYNC TRIG

LFO SYNC TRIG is missing at DN and DT. The OT got that feature. So the LFO always starts at the 1 by default.

Its one of the main issue I come across working with these boxes. I know its possible to P-Lock the 1st Step to trigger and run it free after that, but its got its limitations as the loop is repeating. And depends if you use a note at the 1st Step or not.

Besides the Midi Tracks always starts the LFO in Sync if its set to trigger and there is no note or trig in it.

Please Elektron add that feature…

1 Like

I would love free running lfo to have a fixed start point as default, the amount of times I have done something interesting only to find it disappear when restarted.

3 Likes

Learned the hard way many times to set a trigless trig to LFO trigger before I even dial in a parameter… I don’t even want to hear results of the free running LFO because if I love them there’s almost no way to guarantee you’ll be able to reproduce that exact groove. I’ve occasionally had luck setting the phase after the fact but it seems extremely fiddly.

3 Likes

Hey Dialectric…I did think about your post, but a trigless trig (LFO Start) do not trigger the LFO start. I have observed that only a note trigger + P-locked LFO Trigger start the LFO.
Its not the case I believe if you are sequencing notes external I think. That way the trigless Trig works.

My way is using the first note to lock the LFO Trigger. And using LFO Phase to adjust.
Or I use a note at the one with a condition of just playing once…which can cause trouble switching patterns…

1 Like

So OT is the only Elektron device to have this? DT and AK here, neither have it…

I do not have an OT…in a tutorial there was a LFO Sync Mode mentioned.
So the LFO is hard timed to the Clock.

At the DT, DN and ST the LFOs start is always unsynced. So you have to use that workaround…Midi Tracks LFOs behave different at the DT, the LFO Start is always in Sync.

You need to PLOCK the LFO trig mode to trigger on the trigless trig in LFO menu, as well as set it to LFO trigger in the TRIG menu, which like Filter Envelope Trigger is disabled by default for trigless trigs (IIRC this is how it is on Digitakt/tone. Can’t recall for octa)

2 Likes

I agree 100%. I didn’t even realize the OT had it already. This would truly elevate time stretching to another level and make the LFO easier to understand. The workarounds are painful at best…

I’m sure unsynced being default is an intentional choice by the devs but it’s an opponent to understanding IMO. If I’m a noob and I turn on a sine wave LFO I expect it to start at the setpoint, go up, go down, then repeat. When it doesn’t act that way and I can’t get it to repeat itself I get pissed off.

elektron pls its my one gripe with digitakt :pray: :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Wow…seems I learned something. Did not see LFO Trig is off by default.

Yes, please elektron…