Noob Question: Using monomachine fx in ableton

I am having so much trouble with using the FX options on monomachine in any situation. My main goal is to be able to apply the fx in ableton, but all I can seemingly do now is record straight from the MnM into ableton with my audio mixer. How can I get live tweaking and fx onto ableton and its instruments?

You need to route Abletons audio into the monomachine inputs.

2 Likes

You need a Thru machine to process sound coming in through the MM inputs. That has the usual track effects like SRR, delay, etc.

Then you can add FX machines to further process it. You can either send out a mixed signal or run the effects fully wet (in general) and bus that out separately if you like.

The most important thing to remember is to set the amp page appropriately on every machine (if you just want constant pass-through, use minimum attack and max decay and release) and trig both the input track and all the effects tracks. Otherwise you won’t hear anything.

1 Like

The thru machine is not necessary unless you require the dry signal. Thru machine with neighbor tracks would preserve the dry signal. Other wise you can select input as the ab inputs in any effect track. But the first way you get the dry signal as one of the tracks by using a thru machine.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, I made it sound like you have to have a Thru machine. But with a Thru machine you get the track effects already, so you can filter, delay, SRR etc before adding further FX machines. Depends on what you want.

1 Like