Norand Mono (Analog Bass Synth with Sequencer)

Do you have the link please ?

They said beta might be available by the end of this month. Not sure about the final version.

You mean to the FB page?

Here it is : Redirecting...

Or just type Norand Mono Users in FB

I meant a new firmware

Yeah, thereā€™s a 2.0 firmware in the pipeline, but not any new piece of hardware.

Not that I know of.

A drum machine would be cool.

Or a fully fledged groovebox.

But thereā€™s already so much to do with just the Mono. I like it that they really push the boundaries of this machine with their firmware updates. Itā€™s a costly synth but the investment is well rewarded.

1 Like

If I remember rightly. When the Mono first came out, the creator hinted at a sampler in the future. But that could just have been a throwaway commentā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the FB link, I can see it even though I no longer have an FB account (this is not always possible). I see where the next firmware was mentioned, and I like the hint about ā€œinter-product compatibilityā€.

1 Like

No, I think it was the plan, but that was before COVID, WW3 and components shortageā€¦

2 Likes

he said in an interview he wants to make a drum machine after the mono.

would love to see what he comes up with

2 Likes

Quote from an Email in Okt. 2021 (edited), which I received from Mathieu from Norand after I asked him about a drum machine:

*The drum machine is indeed one of the projects among a lot of other stuff. Thing is, itā€™s a huge project to tackle and we want to do it right, thereā€™s a lot of tech to be developed and tested ā€œin the fieldā€ before weā€™re ready for a drum machine. *
If we can keep growing sales Iā€™ll be able to hire engineers and speed things up, but for now itā€™s just me developing products (and I have a lot of less cool stuff to handle as well) so itā€™s a long process :slight_smile: I donā€™t want to rush things and release sub-par products !"

I am sure we can expect a hell of a drum machine! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really a healthy approach!

2 Likes

judging by the modulation n sequencer on the mono I can only imagine it would be incredible

3 Likes

I enjoy getting a sequence running, and then using the randomize accent setting on the oscillator 2 tuning knob. If youā€™ve set a scale, it will randomize the notes within the selected scale. Then use the mixer to either blend, or alternate, between the Osc 1 and 2 sequence variations. Thereā€™s so many fun little ways to add performative variations on the fly. Iā€™ve still barely scratched the surface, but I really like this synth.

6 Likes

thatā€™s a great idea :fire:

damn it, I sold mine and miss it :sob:

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s deep! Actually I havenā€™t dabbed too much into these customized accents. I knew there were here but hadnā€™t really found an application. The way you use them is really interesting, Iā€™ll make sure to try!

2 Likes

Thanks, I need to check this, sounds great! :metal:

1 Like

Nothing but praise for the mono, I love this thing.

2 Likes

From @OscillatorSink

2 Likes

Itā€™s for sure an awesome synth, but i didnā€™t find a single demo where Iā€™m impressed by itā€™s sound.
Thatā€™s obviously a matter of taste, but yeah for me I never thought ā€œwow that sounds really good!ā€ā€¦
From a specā€™s and workflow perspective it seems like a dream synth

2 Likes