Norand Mono (Analog Bass Synth with Sequencer)

So, has anyone tried it? Is it stable?
I’m quite busy with work and a bit intimidated by the update procedure, tbh

1 Like

Had no time unfortunately.
I’ll try at weekend, I don’t want to rush this.

2 Likes

Yeah, same here

2 Likes

Can’t wait to do the update! Such an amazing machine already.

2 Likes

been jamming on the mono on 2.0 for quite some hours and haven’t encountered any bugs. seems pretty stable

this synth is so much fun, i wish there was a bit more discussion about it, anyone has any tips and tricks with this thing?

2 Likes

I’m a big fan. I did the 2.0 update. I don’t know if it’s a bug or if I’m doing something wrong but when I try to copy patterns so I can try morph, the patterns don’t seem to copy.

I can copy one step to another so I know the key combo works. I’m sure it’s something I’m missing.

I hope there’s a comprehensive video for 2.0 made. There’s a lot of new stuff and it was already really deep in all that in can so for such a small machine.

1 Like

We need a monomachine tips & tricks-like doc for that with the nutty flexibility of the Mono.

I need some more 1:1 time with the new OS to get my head around it!

1 Like

Yeah, I was pretty comfortable with the previous FW at one point, but I must be quite rusty now, and all these new features… It’s going to take a while to get comfortable again!

1 Like

There are so many tricks to achieve with this machine!
When I got uninspired sometimes, I would simply go over the documentation again to find ways to use it that I hadn’t tried yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Live record mode doesn’t seem to work for me now. When I enter it (Pattern + Run + Record) and then mess around and try to exit it, it doesn’t revert back. Anyone else have this problem? I’m on 2.0.

EDIT:

After loading 2.0 from SysExLibrarian, the Mono started loading 2.0, then after a few times through lighting up all 16 sequencer keys, it got stuck at step 3 on the sequencer, with the light flashing on step 3.

Someone on the Mono board mentioned a “F#G#A#” key combo to fix it but hitting those 3 keys does nothing for me.

What am I doing wrong?

It was me on that forum. You have to hit those 3 keys AND the follow button next to the cutoff knob! Try that and see if it works for you.

1 Like

Thanks. Do I do that when it’s stuck or at some other point?

I did it when it was in bootloader mode I think? I can’t remember even though it was last night :man_facepalming:t2:

hello
apparently everything is going well with the installation of V2, the sound is good when I play on the keyboard, but impossible to launch a pattern (factory or memory) no backup either.
someone had the same problem?

Do you have the clock setting correctly set? I’ve made that mistake a few times till I changed it to internal.

2 Likes

20 years with hardware… and I’m still so stupid !
THANKS !! :smiley:

1 Like

on the other hand I have a problem, before it seems to me that with the external clock I could still use RUN (and if I understand the V2 manual correctly, it’s still like that) but now the RUN only works with the internal clock.
I may be going to directly ask the question at Norand

MIDI clock setting has changed over to the C button (originally i think it was B)

2 Likes

Yes, @Unilino if they haven’t updated the manual to change that a reminder would probably be useful :slight_smile:

1 Like