Nord Drum 3 & 3P

check your pm

My friend lives in Wisconsin near Milwaukee. You can contact Joel through the Speaker Creatures FB page. Pricing depends on the type of wood chosen. Finished and shipped for a bit more than a couple hundred.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeakerKreatures/

1 Like

How come I always see these with the pads looking like they wanna fly south for the winter? Is that normal or is it a sign of poor construction?

1 Like

I posted last year about seeing this done, but couldnā€™t remember where. It was someone other than whatā€™s just been posted above, but that hardly matters, so you might want to take a look.

1 Like

what do you mean by that?

No idea what heā€™s talking about. Probably works for Alesis. :wink:

I just had a fun session with my 2 kids, 11 and 13. This device (the 3P) is so great, lively, Iā€™m amazed at the sounds it makes and how playing them gives a feeling similar to an acoustic instrument, with sounds that arenā€™t.

Just reviving this thread to share some love.

Also, in my techno jam, it produces very impactful kick drums and percussion, bass occasionally. Really particuliar in how it sounds! Happy that itā€™s part of the family :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My spouse just bought me one for Christmas. Iā€™m so, so excited. I love sequencing drums, but I am really looking forward to seeing how learning to play will enhance my drum part writing.

Semi-related, but the UI on the Nord Wave 2 has resulted in me practicing keys more than ever before, and I am creating dozens of patches, and I can only hope that the Nord Drum will inspire similar outcomes.

4 Likes

I find the interface conducive to making my own sounds and always end up somewhere I love. I like a lot of the presets as well. Learning the interface take a little effort but for my taste not much. Thereā€™s something about how clavia designs instruments that appeals to me, tickles in the right place of creativity. And I love the sound!

Which makes me curious about other clavia instruments, the wave 2 seems amazing in these regards!

1 Like

did anyone else remove the pads on their 3p? im really tempted. the large pads prevent me from having the controls closer to me on the synth station. i wonder how it looks if you just remove the screws and take the unit out.

Thereā€™s a post about it a few clicks above

Here as well

And my 2 cents: if your using it with sticks, use headphones! Completely changes the sound since the sticks are quite loud

3 Likes

thanks but i assumed that people have read this thread and i tried to ask if anyone else had modified there 3p and might have pictures from the backside without any panels. my english is not so good.

1 Like

Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood :slight_smile:. English is also not my first language.

1 Like

The only thing better than a Nord Drum 3P is:

I have two 3Pā€™s that have been in storage for more than 4 years in favor of my Roland TD-50, which provides 32 articulations that emulate acoustic drum kit pieces. Adding 12 Nord Drum pieces would be to die for, but the footprint of two of themā€”particularly since I use an external controller exclusively in lieu of the 3Pā€™s padsā€”is just intolerable. After watching this video, Iā€™m inspired to remodel one of my playing spaces.

Iā€™ve tried all kinds of synthesized percussion sounds, and nothing has ever come close to providing more than one or two, let alone the Nordā€™s six.

7 Likes

Is there a way to disable the pads, i.e., turn local control off? Iā€™d like to save space by resting a light keyboard on the pads, with just the control section sticking out.

I donā€™t think so, but you could set pad threshold and sensitivity to values that allow that I guess.

1 Like

Of course.

3 Likes

I understand this one as affecting the knobs and not the pads. I may have misunderstood. I canā€™t try on mine right now.