Nord Drum 3 & 3P

Thanks !!!

1 Like

Is there any hope for the Nord Drum 3 module ever seeing the light of day? I asked their customer service support company and they were basically like, “no comment/ we’re not authorized to talk about it.” It seems like it would make sense, maybe after the chip shortages and what have you. But we’re already getting pretty far away from the 3Ps initial release, it’ll be what, 7 years ago this year? Maybe a new model for the module is in the works, Nord Drum 4, when parts scarcity isn’t such a factor?

1 Like

I’m sure you know this, but it can go pretty quiet if you just turn the effects to ‘off’ and not just zero :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just buy it. You will love the Pads.

5 Likes

Okay you’ve convinced me. Now to sell some stuff off to buy it…

It looks like i can get them in the United States from Andertons for nearly half the price of most American retailers. Absolutely crazy reduction in cost, i almost feel obligated to get it.

1 Like

Order drumsticks too if you don’t have any.

4 Likes

FWIW I gave up on getting a ND2, bought a 3P, and have since passed on a cheap(er) 2 when it became available because … I like the pads! And I’m no drummer. But they’re obviously part of the design intention with the expressive velocity curves and all.

There’s a velocity sensitivity setting for ‘hands’ that I use and like. No sticks yet going on a year.

6 Likes

does anyone know what size the midi screws are?

i want to mod my nd3

1 Like

Torx VT6?

3 Likes

Chopping it?

2 Likes

Where’s the new one?! I’ve been waiting like a decade now for the 4th model to come out!

3 Likes

gonna build a laser cut case and keep the pads intact for when I want to reconnect again

1 Like

thanks!

Does a Nord Drum 3 without the pads even exist? I saw a photo of it a long time ago, but was it never released or something?

No, as far as I know.

1 Like

That was in this very topic :wink:

1 Like

Nord originally announced there would be a padless ND3 module, but none were ever produced.

1 Like

No. But I think Norddrum 2 is exactly the same.

it was the plan but I don’t know what happened

There are difference between the two actually.

• Number of trigger input ND2=6 ND3=1
  • There are more editable sounds parameters on the ND2 and more midi CC.
  • ND3 has a master FX section.
2 Likes