Nord lead 2x - master volume midi cc

I am trying to program master volume changes into digitakt, but cc 7 is controlling gain, and i need to control Master Volume knob. Any ideas ? is it not possible ? that would be weird …

Looking at the CC controls it doesn’t look like theres one for master volume. Very strange indeed…

RTFM, i mean MIDI implementation chapter.
according to MIDI specifications, CC #7 is channel volume.
so, master volume might be something else.
for example, in some of my boxes master volume is SysEx.

Master volume is controlling level of the analog outputs after the DAC, so is an analog not digital control therefore won’t have an associated CC

1 Like

Thanks guys for replays, no i did not improvise yet, i could try this reverse midi connection technic :slight_smile: It crossed my mind, but was laise to mess with my midi chain, to record midi in to digitakt.

I was hoping for a simple answer, it is not of great importance for now.

Moog LP has midi capable Master volume, and it is analog synth, but it might be truth that nord lead has some other thing going on.

I did, no find of any kind , thanks

The master level control is an analog attenuator only.
You can’t control it digitally.
The only way to control volume is via gain of each channel individually via midi cc7
Use midi monitor software like midi-ox, turn the master level knob and you will see no midi activity

Ok, so here is my answer, not possible, thank you.
I forgot little phatty has some things going on , the analog pots can be overtaken by digital control or something similar, i forgot the name for it, but this is why i assumed the digital synth like nord lead can easily do it. No problem

Have you tried sending CC #7 on the global channel? I don’t have the 2X any more but worth a shot.

Also: This thread came up on my Latest list, not sure why since the last post is from 2018…?