Not hearing my sequence played back on audio track, despite note lights on

Hi. Might be missing something obvious here, but I’m building a pattern with the first four audio tracks as drums and percussion, so far, so good.

Then I try live recording a sequence in chromatic mode on audio track 5 using the stock “acid organ” single cycle waveform. I can’t hear any of the notes recorded, even though the sequence lights indicate notes have been recorded when I go back and look at the grid mode, i.e. the lights for audio track 5 are lit in the correct places. I’ve tried this 5-6 times, trying to live record the sequence with no success in actually hearing it play back.

I also then tried to just play in a single note in step record mode and can’t hear the note being played either, even though the light is on indicating a note.

Is there something extra I need to do with single cycle waveforms to get them to be picked up? When I simply trigger the note in non-recording mode it plays as expected. Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

Single cycle waveforms are designed to be LOOPED. So go into the SRC page and set the PLAY mode to FORWARD LOOP or REVERSE LOOP (manual p. 44)

All the best :heart:‍:fire:

Thanks for the response! I do have it on forward loop. When I trigger the sound it plays perfectly. Also when I play the notes for it while live recording (both in regular and chromatic modes) it also plays perfectly.

The problem is I do not hear the notes being picked up in the recording. All of the 4 other audio tracks I work with in the same pattern work as expected, it is just this track that is not behaving as expected.

checked your pattern and global mutes?

1 Like

have you tried changing the trig mode to infinite on the trig page? you can always back it off some if you find that’s the problem but by setting it to inf it will tell you if there’s a note length issue in the sequencer.

I’d also suggest checking global mutes but unless you muted it, I don’t see why it would mute itself.

Thanks both, I’ll try to check for both issues on my lunch break today and report back.