Nothing lasts forever

I’ve had my M:C for quite a while, I’ve taken good care of it but I know its definitely a budget synth (compared to most Elektron stuff). Past couple of days I noticed 1 or 2 of the knobs is unresponsive. I’ve experienced this before, sadly, with my MV-8000, my OP-1 & others. I know electronic music gear does not keep working forever the way some musical instruments seem to, with maintenance etc.
She’s not dead yet, of course. I can still modulate parameters with the LFO but it makes it tricky when sculpting the sounds at first. Frustrating. Going to try a reset, maybe check for a system update, cross fingers, will pull off the knobs & try to clean it but I don’t think it will fix it & i may have to face facts before long. Not really a question in here, I guess. Just sucks. Feel like I was just getting started on the thing.

You’re talking as if it’s close to dying completely. Just get the button replaced and enjoy it for years to come.

7 Likes

Nothing lasts forever

In the cold November rain

17 Likes

Contact Elektron support !

12 Likes

the sun will shine again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Back it up, send it in!

2 Likes

A guitar, trombone or piano needs regular maintenance as well. I wouldn’t throw it out if one of the tuners or keys was broken…

1 Like

sell it “for parts” second hand, note the problem, someone who good at fixing shit or doesn’t care about the knob gets a deal, you probably lose less than $100. to buy a new one.

I will…I’m just having disturbing flashbacks of when my OP-1 started having similar problems. I have the utmost respect for the good people of Sweden for their aesthetic & functionality in synths but customer service isn’t known to be their strong suit. And I don’t want to throw it out, I want to keep it and use it.
Worst thing is, its the sweep knob. My favorite.

you should be able to get replacement parts from the HQ i think, that shouldn’t be a problem; if you don’t want to send it back and wait for them to fix it, you could look for someone local that could help you replace the broken encoders/switches.
either way, you have a some options there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, I am lucky to have a good connection to a local professional, swapped an encoder on a MnM and a volume pot on a DN Keys for a ridiculously small sum.

I love house of pain :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Your machine will still be under warranty unless you’ve done something silly, don’t listen to the terrible advice in this thread about fixing it yourself or selling it off cheap as a faulty unit. Contact Elektron support and organise a repair.

7 Likes

I debated going further, glad the cadence came through :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sensible advice on the elektron forum?
What madness is this?

Yeah do what estragon said.

1 Like

Elektron customer support is excellent

1 Like