Notifications Mess

• when you subscribe to new posts in a thread, and someone replies to you with the reply-to-post button, you receive 2 notifications for the same thing.

• I just tried to “mark all notifications as read”, but there’s 4 zombie notifications remaining…

Now and then I have to re-login… (when my computer forgets that i was logged into elektronauts)
When this happends my notification-list-zombies dissapear…(if i have some at that point)

I still have 4 zombies after erasing website data (cookies) and logging out…
they also persist between different browsers ----> DOOOMED

an additional zombie just appeared out of nowhere, incrementing the count to 5.

possible that these zombies appear when users are added as contacts?
I just added several contacts, and another zombie appeared, it’s now 6 of them.

aha, got them cleared!

what’s happening is that “mark all as read” clears only the notifications which are visible on the notifications page, and the zombie ones were multiple pages down below… so I had to expand the list multiple times, and some notifications down there showed up as “new”.

the 2 additional zombies appeared because apparently you are notified when a contact uploads a sound/video, and you get retrograde notifications for old uploads… so when I added someone, their old updates from 2 months ago showed up as notifications… but of course they were buried deep, deep down in the list…

so there are 2 bugs here:

• clearing notifications should clear them all, not only the ones which are visible.
  • adding a contact should not notify you of their uploads which predate the date when you added the contact.

Thanks for the detailed report!

The zombie-bugs should be fixed now.