Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

Thanks! When I am chopping up a single sample on the Digitakt, I will hold down a trig and twist the pitch knob on the SRC page. This will pitch up or down that particular sample slice

In Ableton, using the Simpler, the only way to re-pitch a slice is to use the transpose knob. This uses Ableton’s automation lanes, which don’t work well in the clip view.

This is specifically for sliced samples, and not for samples played back as one-shots or chromatically.

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know you can chop like that on the DT! I’m sorry, don’t really know but maybe someone else has the info.

1 Like

Thanks anyway. The DT isn’t a good as the Octatrack for slicing, but you can set an LFO to control the start point of a sample, and it does a great job of random chopping.

1 Like

New update. Unquantized mode

https://novationmusic.com/en/news/launchpad-pro-v12-firmware?utm_campaign=MKN%20%2F%2F%20Novation%20-%20Launchpad%20Pro%20v1.2&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_5TxtHPEQHmc01RZsivIjjdMceupVOTLAwjiEGOpbRYAwpKopBClGLsGAEaDPnhJRvh-x61E6CRMOjU4UsW1XM5-Xasg&_hsmi=95957921&utm_content=95957921&utm_source=hs_email&hsCtaTracking=ed1308fc-b786-4a6c-a247-39532ba1c1ec|70d71be5-6910-4e7d-a6ea-66377a6138e8

3 Likes

cool huh. I think they have fixed the polyAT threshold as well, but not had a chance to confirm yet. I’m trying to work out if recording velocity automation is useful. I guess it is, so you can perform dynamics as opposed to step editing. I think live recording mutation depth makes it a crazy unique seq/arp. Dead pleased.

1 Like

Hi,

I meet a midi problem I don’t understand (using midi din port or USB). The LPP mk3 seems to not receive midi information from my hardware but when I try with Live 10 lite, the LPP mk3 is responding (faders are moving for example) when I move a knob of the software.
But when I turn an OT knob, my LPP mk3 custom mode isn’t responding while knob of my other midi controller (a Midi Fighter twister) is responding. So, I know OT is sending midi informations.

Am I the only one ?

Nobody use LPP mk3 like me :sweat_smile: ?

I just had a answer from Novation support center and guess what ? The LPP mk3 widgets don’t receive midi CC !!! :crazy_face:
So please, ask Novation to implement it because it is a huge lack IMO.

3 Likes

Yes, pretty disappointed with the MIDI CC implementation - lack of handling of incoming CCs in Custom Mode, also complete lack of possibility to record ModWheel in sequencer etc.

I have one specific issue and would be grateful if other users could confirm whether it’s common behaviour or perhaps my unit (brand new) is faulty.
It’s about ‘Aftertouch Treshold’ - regardless of the setting (Off / Low / High) it starts to transmit Aftertouch as soon as I touch the pad (even extremely lightly).
I’m using the LPP to control the Novation PEAK - but the abovementioned behaviour makes it totally unusable for any patch that involve Aftertouch in Mod Matrix.
The workaround is to disable the AT in LPP - but I want to keep it, it just should generate AT after reaching some (reasonable) pressure threshold

Another issue - very low LED brightness (even though it’s set to max) and close-to-none contrast between LEDs indicating assigned steps vs those which are empty
See screenshot below - there are 2 steps assigned (blue area), try to guess which ones :slight_smile:
Is this typical for all devices?

Hi,

Here is a picture of mine with same steps trigged. Looks better IMO
Maybe yours is faulty :confused:

Will try to play with the differents settings of aftertouch :wink:

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it
Maybe it’s a matter of the photo itself, but yours indeed looks bit better
I also have a Circuit to compare and putting them side by side the difference in my case is very noticeable
Looking forward to hear about AT as well!

i reported this to Novation UK. was so annoyed after reading in the manual it has poly AT threshold and it simply doesn’t. I made a work around by using a midi processor (midiox) to remap poly AT 100-127 to 0-127 output. Jumpy as hell but better than how it is now. Shame novation never came back to me.

Thanks for sharing
Again disappointing - looks like an easy fix via firmware update

I confirm the aftertouch issue. I reported it too to Novation.

1 Like

Sorry if this is answered in the thread already, I read a fair amount of it but it’s a long one! Can anyone tell me if the launchpad sends transport control to hardware, or if the transport buttons only function in ableton. It looks like an incredibly useful piece of gear and I will probably end up with one regardless, but I’m curious about the answer to this.

1 Like

It does, when you start the sequencer, it sends transport and clock,

2 Likes

Thanks!

Novation just released some videos on using custom modes with OT/DT. Enjoy…

11 Likes