Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

Mine’s delayed. Early february now.

Being a white, middle aged male in a privileged country where everything’s great most of the time, I’m obviously offended by this and feel entitled to cancel my order, just to make a point. Not to mention the sharing I will do on social media because of this travesty and injustice done to me.

9 Likes

mimimi :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

User Guide is now available!

4 Likes

Just blew through the manual during lunch and I’m damn impressed. Seems like they really thought through this thing.

One of the things that caught my eye is that pressure can either be polyphonic or channel aftertouch. Which means in the latter setting it will work with a DigiTone and many other synths.

There is a FedEx truck in the neighborhood teasing me.

My kingdom for an editor on iOS. Sigh. @Calc

Fedex just showed up at my office. Waited at the front door. Gave me the box. It was just some freaking checks for our accounting department. I cursed him.

5 Likes

After reading the manual this is one mighty fine controller! That chord mode just looks incredible since chords are my weakness.

One thing I’ve always wondered though is why the Pro (both current and previous) didn’t allow drum pad coloring based on Chain color. Kinda stinks that this seems to be a Push 2 exclusive feature or requiring and external script like Arsenal. I always get tripped up trying to play in 64 pad mode when every pad is bright yellow.

Even a custom mode for a 64 pad layout takes a bit of time to set up. I’d even settle for a color list e.g any pad with “Kick” as it name will be Red, “Snare” = Blue etc.

Other than that this seems like a great semi-replacement for my aging Push 1.

2 Likes

The answer to this travesty is obliviously cheque fraud. Forge up some money and treat us 'Nauts to some new LPPs!

1 Like

The Correct Fedex guy just showed up!!!

Now, i need an excuse to excuse myself!

6 Likes

Dude I never advocate knee jerk reports but please report back ASAP!! Lol

1 Like

haven’t read entire thread, but still I’ll ask:

is LPP Mk3’s firmware as open as at least previous LPP’s firmware was? (e.g. do they at least provide some silly template and the means to compile/upload?)

Asking because I can’t really buy grid device if it is closed.

I know i can run a metronome from Ableton but I dont see a metronome option for stand alone sequencing…Augh…I suck at playing without one…I need metronome.

OMG…I just want to go home and plug this in to the computer to try it out but then unplug it and get it working on my other table with my OTB setup. I might now move my Circuit to the main table and keep the mono station and Minilogue XD and Drumbrute impact on the OTB side…hmmmm…1 more open midi slot to sequence from the LPP…what synth module should I get next!

2 Likes

How’s the build quality?

Are the pads any different than the circuit ?

How’s running the sequencer in drum mode in standalone (I.e. not Ableton)?

Are you having a beer or some whiskey while you explore it?

1 Like

No booze. I really like the pads. Need to play around with the velocity settings but they are nice. Very easy to play, not as hard feeling as the circuit or mono. Super sensitive which i like.

But, I can’t get my keystep to work with it…driving me nuts. You CAN use a midi keyboard with these, right?

1 Like

2 Likes

It should work with external keys. Did you get the manual out?

Yes,read the manual, nothing about external keys. I have midi Rx on, tried multiple channels on my keystep. Hmmmmmm