Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

Would love for Novation to post the manual!

2 Likes

The Push 2 is nearly double the price new. It’s still over 600 bucks.

2nd hand maybe, but most are 400-450 bucks still on 2nd market.

So it’s a bit unfair to compare the price of a brand new product to a 4 year old product on 2nd hand market value, while its still sold new today for over 600!

1 Like

I’m finding a bunch of dealers all claiming delivery this week. All European, tho.

Here in the states they’re saying it will arrive to the distributors near the start of February. That’s consistent with Ricky Tinez stating it would probably be available mid-Feb in the MusicTech video.

Novation now has a 3 year warranty on anything you bought through novation

I trust Ricky more than Thomann :blush:I want to think they know what they’re talking about. But in my heart, I know Tinez speaks the truth.

2 Likes

I own a Push 2. It’s an amazing piece of kit but Launchpad Pro is really tempting me for standalone jams with my modular, especially since my laptop died!

2 Likes

Shipping notice received! (One I believe lol)

We need the dancing banana on this forum. :banana:

4 Likes

Lovely news. It gives me hope that mine’s not far and away.

1 Like

Leftovers from the UAD NAMM Luna presentation, Naaiiceee.

4 Likes

Mine will be here tomorrow…I’m in the US though.

1 Like

Hey Versipellis thats right,

The 4 track sequencers are MIDI note sequencers and are a separate thing from the custom controller templates that you set up in the Novation Components software.

Every “widget” — the name given to the devices you populate the custom mappings with e.g. CC - cross faders, faders +buttons/Prg Ch/MIDI notes etc---- can have their own unique MIDI channel and controller number.
You can control different devices from one custom page if you want too. I have my OT mute/cue/Rec arm switches and crossfader on the same page as a mute switches for the TR-08 drum machine.
I also have a mixer page for the OT and Program change mapped for super easy pattern changes across banks.

I guess in your example that’s 12 discrete MIDI channels needed for each machine, which is completely do-able.

I’m planning on getting this stuff demo’d in a video over the weekend. With the OT mappings I have its possible to do the transition trick with two button presses and the minimum of OT set-up. It’s really neat.
I post a link when I’ve done it.

The manual should be up soon too (not exactly sure when though ;o)

-CALC-

6 Likes

I desperatedly need the user guide. I’ve never used a Launch anything. Was hoping to read it tonight before I get the unit tomorrow.

1 Like

In the US? Where did you order from?

1 Like

Sweetwater. Got an email this morning they were in stock…still are.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered through Sweetwater now too.

2 Likes

Me too. But @Calc ‘s response should help you get some ideas for what’s possible on the user pages.

If you’ve used a circuit, the sequencer side looks like an enhanced version of that (putting it mildly). The Ableton integration looks amazing but I’ll be using it primarily with my iPad.

I’m surprised we haven’t see better videos for it. Hoping for a Loopop vídeo before I get mine on Saturday (and an early bedtime for the kids that night! :laughing:).

3 Likes

Hi @Calc can I program my own chords for each pad using user pages ?

I think one of the videos I saw showed someone doing that on the device itself. I can try and find it…

Edit: it’s at about 3:36 in this video

1 Like