Novation Peak

Hasn’t happened to me.

Ouch! That doesnt sound good. Might be the powersupply. But i would send Novation an email about it.

1 Like

As you said, it’s relative.

Comparing the Peak to the Hydrasynth (as in the RMR video posted above), I think the Peak has a much larger sweet spot to work with. The HS can go off into way crazier territory but takes more dialing in, IMO.

I love it too :slight_smile:

@phaelam Never had that happen here either.

2 Likes

Oh boy :grimacing:

On par with my track record of faulty gear I guess.

Absolutely. Though the more time I spend with the HS, the better I get at dialing in sounds I like, it definitely takes a lot more work, but has a wider range. Just like the Peak is harder to dial in than say the SH-01a, but again has a wider range :slight_smile: (All awesome synths)

2 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

@thomaso @finalform

re Peak Reboot: seems like user error again…
the power bar I have my Peak plugged into was turned on its side. there was a box under my desk that was up against the reset button. lightly touching the box reset the power bar :man_facepalming:t6:

4 Likes

Hehe. Can happen to the best of us! Good everything is working!

2 Likes

T’was a little painful for me to watch Ricky program this one up… that being said the sounds at the end are a great example of where the Peak’s FX/overdrive/modulation can go:

question re: LFO 1

I have LFO 1 and 2 set the same, slow triangle. I’m doing BASE shit here…but, for example, I set the LFO to modulate pitch as a test. and even time I press a key LFO 1 seems to be either re-triggering the LFO OR doing some kind of sample and hold as I tap a key. when I do the same with LFO 2, I get what you would expect, a gradual rise and fall of the pitch.

are LFO 1 and 2 configured differently or…[I dunno what else to think]
[from init patch]

adding audio:

The phase of the lfo can be restarted at a certain point on each note on. Even after turning this off again, the phase can be different for the lfo of each voice.

If you don’t want this, set the LFO to “common” instead of “free”. This will sync the phase of the LFO of each voice to eachother

there is no Common in the LFO section, just FREE and DEG

NVM, found that on a diff page. I was referencing LFO 1 to LFO 2. and they are set to the same. LFO 2 was not set to Common, but behaved as expected. BUT switching LFO 1 common fixed that.

what is going on that is different between LFO 1 and 2?

thanks for reply

That’s because the phase of LFO2 for each voice apparently haven’t been diverged. If you boot the peak all phases are in sync, even if it is set to Free. You can “unsync” them by using the rate as a destination in the mod matrix for example, or by setting a degree where it should start on each note press.

weird…so I switched LFO 1 Common ON, then OFF…and it stops doing the S+H effect.
bug or as expected?

adding: I was going to write up a ticket, but on Components it suggested reinstalling the Firm before contacting Tech Support. I did that and that fixed it. it is behaving as I would expect it should.

thanks for your replies.

That’s expected, because by setting it to Common, they sync up again. You will have to “decouple” them again if you want

Try setting velocity or keyboard as a source and LFO rate as a destination with only about 3 depth. Then press some notes and hear how they get out of sync

I get that. what I was experiencing was with NO changes except to setting LFO 1 to modulate pitch, as a Triangle, was behaving as a Sample and Hold. after reinstalling the Firmware, it acts as a Triangle

The phase even keeps out of sync after switching patches or initializing the patch. It only syncs again after a reboot or when you set the LFO to common.

Are you sure it wasn’t just still out of sync? With short notes it might sound like sample and hold

I understand that, but I never even got that far.

again what you hear in the sample I uploaded, was LFO 1 Triangle [only] modulating pitch, the second half of the audio file is LFO 2 [only] set up same way. no other modulation sources, combined or otherwise.

anyways, as I said, I reinstalled the firmware and do not have that issue anymore. it acts as one would expect.

thanks for the help tho man.

1 Like

Sorry i can’t listen right now, was only reading your posts and thought that was the cause. I have been there too when I just got my Peak. :wink:

1 Like