Novation Peak

Haha yes I was thinking the same thing when I was playing the video back. Next time I’ll definitely be changing it up, if only for my own sanity! Thanks for the sub and feedback, appreciate it!

2 Likes

I’ve been using the demo of sigabort peak editor and got the midi working it was easier than originally thought to setup…
it’s randomiser is excellent and patch recall is great so can load with ableton projects
along with overbridge total recall with my Elektron gear, Definitely will be buying

4 Likes

Did you need a virtual midi cable like LoopBE to set it up?

Do you know of there are any others that offer randomisation? I’d like to play around with that a bit, but don’t fancy it enough for £60

No I just had to turn off the ins and outs in preferences then it just worked
and can send notes to the plugin channel or midi clips just work

1 Like

There is another editor, but don’t think it’s got randomise…
Yeah it’s a bit expensive maybe a bit much, but you can tell it’s really well made and fully featured… There is morphing and can exclude parameters from randomisation or randomise individual sections etc…

Plus you can make presets and they save with the plugin even if you change the presets on the synth, so they will always stay with the project, you can rename edit presets so you don’t really even need to use components anymore unless you want to get the preset packs

I had a few issues and emailed the guy who made it and he fixed the issues within the day,
So he actively works on it and gives support which is great.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s cool, I’m all up for people charging a decent amount for stuff they make (especially when it sounds as well featured as this one), but I’m not really after all that stuff at the mo. I just love a random button for happy accidents every now and then!

1 Like

Post 875 for a free Peak Patch Randomizer.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! I thought I’d seen one somewhere! Amazing stuff, I’ll try this asap.

Peak needs to be on Channel 1. You can use USB MIDI.

1 Like

Just got my Bass Station, and no matter how much a tweaked on it, couldn t get the same weight as the Peak patch… :frowning:

I did try to tell you…! But it’s still a decent synth for the money - are you going to keep it and persevere or return it?

I don t know yet… but to me if feels weak in comparison with Peak and the other synths I own…

turn up the sub slightly. I had them side by side. They sounded the same through my speakers

Thanks, but I sent it back… to me it feels very different. Maybe it s subtle, but still.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you. My intention wasn’t to get you to buy a synth you didn’t like.

1 Like

Don t worry my friend! Thanks for all!

I’ve been wanting a BS2 but could never really justify it. Great sounding little mono. Interesting to hear it’s so similar in sound to the Peak.
Honestly the Peak is the first Poly I’ve had that feels like it’s equally good at mono sounds as it is at poly sounds. In fact the 24db filter sometimes just feels too fat when used for poly sounds.

1 Like

I had the Mono Station. I’m not sure how it compares to the Basstation, but i liked the sound out of the Peak alot more. Even on the simple sounds that where comparable. Like 1 or 2 osc saw through filter sounded much better on Peak. Mono Station had some sequencer tricks that where cool, but not enough to keep it.

1 Like

I bought the Peak and it is awesome!!

Absolutely loving all the different patches from all the different patch designers on the Components app thing. This is an invaluable and fun resource. I wish Peak could hold more patches (8 banks just seems more fitting) but I am going to make custom banks with all my favourite patches.

2 Likes