Novation Peak

Anyone owning both would dare to compare Blofeld to Peak?

Blofeld is value and is capable of some great sounds but the Peak smokes it as a synthesizer. The UI / workflow is a completely different ball game.

The only thing the Blofeld has over it is that itā€™s multitimbral.

Edit: Iā€™m probably being a bit harsh here. But I had dramatically opposite experiences of these two synths. I bounced off the Blofeld pretty hard and felt immediately at home with the Peak.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, I bought a Blofeld cheap to give it a try a few years ago. Sold it a week later. Itā€™s awful.

I thought that tooā€¦ but I keep seeing lots of videos with really great soundsā€¦

Iā€™ve got both and as Peak gets mostly used as a pad machine (and not very crazy one at that), Iā€™m strongly considering letting Peak go. The UI isnā€™t great, admittedly, but the sound is definitely there. But it all comes down to what one would use it for (and how).

1 Like

I have peak and blofeld and they both have a place in my setup. The peak is amazing, great ui and overall package. But if the blofeld nails a sweetspot, it sounds really good. Reaaaaly good.

3 Likes

Yeah, I love what Cygnus does with it, for example. I just struggled to make friends with the one I had.

Over the years had and still have many synths. I even owned Blofeld a few times(maybe didn t dig deep enoughā€¦who knows). Thing is that from some demos I keep seeing, it sounds so much ā€˜betterā€™, somehow more interesting than say Peak, Hydrasynth and many others. More so, in the mix, let s say Virus is hard to fit in, and it seems Blofeld it does that too well.
What s stopping me from buying again is the fact that always when having it it seemed somehow hard to program and didn t gel with it s envelopes and overall characterā€¦ but now hearing all these youtube videos makes me wonderā€¦

I dont program it on the synth. I use monstrumfeld which to me is awesome

Perhaps Blofeld could be discussed in depth in its own thread?

2 Likes

the Librarianā€¦

I wish it had dates for when the presets people make get uploaded [unless Iā€™m too dumb to notice its already there]

but there seems to be two new ones that sound REALLY good.

1 Like

I traded my OT for a Peak last sunday. I am instantly enamored with it. So far Iā€™ve only programmed one patch, a lot of the presets are not in my wheelhouse but the ones that I like are SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Iā€™ve got a lot of this thread to dig through still but Iā€™m excited to keep at it.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try some of the 1000 free components patches. When I get round to hooking up my computerā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s some great stuff amidst those banks in components!

1 Like

Yeah dates would be nice. Do you recall the names of the new two?

Sort by latest and itā€™s the top two. Top is a dude, black and white face shot. Second it two guys in suits and sunnies.

Away from my computer :slight_smile:

later: at computerā€¦these two
stuff

1 Like

Ah thanks cool. The last interesting (to me, at least) patches in there were the Legowelt ones, and I havenā€™t really thought to check back since then. I will give these new ones a try! Itā€™s very cool that novation keeps adding new banks for free - they canā€™t get much additional promotional value out of all of these new onesā€¦

Yeah, I donā€™t recognise these, must be fairly recent!

I wasnā€™t really down with Legowelts. But really like the ones from Lightbath.

1 Like