Novation Summit

i don’t understand what the LFO is supposed to do then? and why i set it up

I was thinking to the pitch with a decently long fade in so when you hold the button it brings that high oscillator to get a shimmery trem. The depth of the animate mod was just a guess, in my imagination it comes in just enough to barely be heard.

some noodling. i saved this as a separate patch lol

Nice! Maybe set the second Animate to close the filter a bit with a shorter Animate Env attack and you’ve got a nice set of Animates you can slap lol

1 Like

2.0 so don’t get ants in your pants. :smile:

But Calc’s demos are always great. Check it out.
Reminded me of a few things I hadn’t tried yet… :+1:

Does anyone know where to get a replacement pot for the summit / peak? Can’t find a store in Europe / Netherlands, not even ebay.

Firmware 2.1 has been released, some nice features added and plenty of bugfixes!!! The complete list of changes can be found in this manual addendum but I posted a screen of the cool delay modifications.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 10.39.00 AM

2 Likes

If any Summit users are interested, I’ve recreated the 56 classic Juno-60 patches for it. I tuned the Summit’s chorus to match the Juno-60’s as close as possible and then mapped them to the Animate buttons which is pretty fun to apply. Patches are really fun to mess around with using the other features the Summit has to offer as well.

8 Likes

These sound excellent! And I love the idea of mapping chorus I and II to the animate buttons.

I don’t know if it’s worth the work, but if these got ported tot he Peak you’d have a purchase from me.

thanks ! would love to source a Peak eventually to port them over, it’s a total bummer they’re not compatible even though the patches don’t use any summit-only features

2 Likes

Opinions of users after all this time? How great it sounds?
Also how great is the keybed?

+1 on this question!! I’ve got one on the way and interested how long term owners feel about it

Can’t speak to the Summit, but the Peak is still my go-to “this mix needs something” synth. It’s so quick to dial in even way-out-there sounds, lots of knobs == lots of experimentation, and its onboard FX are usually good enough that I can drop it on top of whatever without trying to route it through/recreate an existing FX chain. And poly makes good pads, obvs.

I don’t do as much up-front sound design on it (like, looking for “a sound” to base a song around) as I used to, but I’m just doing that a lot less generally. I’m kind of going through a ROMpler phase.

I’m using the animation buttons a lot more since we got ramps on those. Killer feature!

3 Likes