OB on OSX El Capitan

Did anyone take the plunge already? I read about GUI problems somewhere, like the hardware not responding to parameter changes in the plugin or something.
Has that changed with the latest public beta 5? Any experiences?

I have a partition with the beta OS.

There are problems with Overbridge, like - not being able to change parameters.

Haven’t tried OB on PB5 yet.

I just gave it a try on the latest PB5 on my alternative hard drive.

It seems to send in the audio just fine but i get no connection to the plugin interface at all. The plugin shows me the red dot in the upper right corner.

I hope there will be a fix soon. I am really excited about El Cap. Finally there’s an OSX update that makes your mac faster rather than slower.

The new OS (Public Beta 5) has been amazing so far.

I now have Virus Ti working properly in plug-in mode and MIDI timing, especially MIDI clock is vastly improved.

For the first time, I can use USB hosted MIDI to sync my Cirklon without having to resort to an Innerclock box. I send MIDI clock from Cubase or Ableton and Cirklon is pretty solid in showing that BPM.

Great stuff!

It’s just Overbridge which isn’t working too well at the minute.

1 Like

Latest beta is PB6. It was released yesterday.

Still the Elektron Plugin doesn’t connect. 3rd party plugins work fine in general, except that all Native Instruments plugins won’t work in Logic/Mainstage.

I hope that stuff gets fixed soon. El Capitan is awesome. It’s super fast and I don’t want to go back anymore. I just changed from Mavericks on HDD to El Capitan on SSD and it’s almost unreal how fast and smooth my mac is running now.

1 Like

NI plug-ins have been OK under Cubase and Ableton, so far…

Will def be keeping an eye on this then before switching to el cap :+1:

We’re aware of this and we are on it!

1 Like

Great - thanks Simon!

I wouldn’t normally go with Beta platform software for my DAW, but it’s the only way I’ve been able to get my Mac Pro’s USB ports working properly with various audio related kit.

Virus Ti was very flakey on Yosemite. Cubase dongle and iLok had to be directly connected to the Mac, which only has 4 ports to begin with. They wouldn’t work on a hub.

Seems Apple corrected something quite major on the Mac Pro’s USB with El Capitan.

1 Like

It’s working great for me on OSX 10.11.1 , The installer did fail on me so I just extracted the kext with pacifist and installed with kext utility. Also system integrity protection prevents modifying stuff, SIPUtility.app to de-activate this ‘feature’.

Worked fine for me until I’ve loaded some kits and presets into the machine, now it’s not able to view all the sounds in the catalog… also it keeps bitching about size of buffer to be 512, regardless how it’s set … :frowning: … other than that it works pretty good :slight_smile: – running Live 9.2 on MBP Retina Late 2014

I just keep getting the red dot in the VST in the top right corner and am not able to adjust anything within the plugin… Running the stable relase and Live 9.1.1

Still red dot in the latest VST :frowning: Audio and sync to host are working…can’t wait, will be amazing stuff, when ready!..cheers Elektron

Still waiting on the update for El Capitan :\

Latest hints in and around these parts is its coming close to / around NAMM. So just another week or so…

Any news? My old MacBook killed itself in the last days. Service would be half as much as a new one, so I am thinking about getting a new one, but then it will have El Capitan installed…

It works just fine now since the update. Go for it.

1 Like

I did a clean install of El Cap after Elektron released OB v1.10, haven’t had any problems since - I think that was February or so. Most companies have caught up by now and released fixes/updates.

1 Like

Perfect thanks for the reply, will give it a try. Since the old machine is totally done I have to make a clean intall :laughing: