OB-X8: Oberheim. Welcome back

I had the chance to see one in person at my local store, it’s absolutely beautiful! I wasn’t sure when I first saw the pictures but now, I can say it’s gorgeous. I didn’t have the chance to try it though, I was in a hurry. Next time. I don’t plan to buy one, it’s too expensive.

1 Like

for big chords and unison, absolutely. that’s my takeaway from the Starsky Carr video. otherwise, I don’t think there’s a massive difference. I still prefer the more-flexible, SEM-style filter on the OB-6. so then the issue is if I ever do decide to get one, I’d have to keep both :man_facepalming:

Cool issue!

2 Likes

I got it for 4000+tax

3 Likes

Bought mine today. It suits me well for what I’m doing and I’m looking forward to use it years to come. Don’t buy it if you can’t afford it though. There are lots of gears that could inspire you in similar way and this one will probably not make you a better keyboardplayer/sounddesigner than a more affordable alternative.

2 Likes

I’m poor so I don’t plan buying it anytime soon, but god I hope they release a module eventually.

4 Likes

Some absolutely gorgeous sounds in this video by Matt Johnson. Pairs sooo beautifully with the Rhodes as well! The OT also makes a cameo in some of the short jams. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wondering are there any plans to produce more SEM PROs?

Can’t see ppl sell them for 3500$
At the same time want one

Yes, SEMs sound amazing, but they originally were around 800$, it’s even worse than with Monomachines… : )

My Oberheim OB X8 came today and love it! It plays well with Hapax.

5 Likes

OB-X8 Desktop announced:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsB6mJuJdY1/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

11 Likes

It’s no four voice, but I think I’ll get one.

Three oberheim classic polys in one box.

2 Likes

I dream of a re-issue for Oberheim DMX that would be awesome.

2 Likes