Octatrack and Analog Heat vs Master Track

Hi guys, I would like to know what are your thoughts when you have Octatrack running into Analog Heat, do you guys recommend keeping the track 8 to use as master track? How would you run this? Ideally, I would like to have 8 tracks for my live but running Analog heat already with Octatrack will it be much of a need to have Master track on OT? It is a set up to play live, I am not too bother about having beat repeat on master track, just talking about compressor and how it may sound
Please share any thoughts that may help me to decide what I am doing and if I am doing it right or not
Thanks

I always use master track so I can manipulate the audio of all other 7 tracks you can technically mute all tracks for a trig by P-locking filter Width to 0 and back to 127 on the next step, also you can use the master track to make delay loops as an ableton like beat repeat if you use the settings right!

1 Like

I see what you mean, but if I use Analog Heat and a compressor on Master Track will it be bad for the mix? I just want to know this before I set everything up and it comes to the end and I don’t need a compressor, I actually need the 8 tracks for my live but I am in doubt about keeping the track 8 free or not

you can always make new projects and different setups. I have about 420 setups lol! that way you can see what works for you and what doesn’t.

1 Like

420 set up, I am still stuck on my first set up hahaha

yeah 420 is a exaggeration but i have multiple setups for switching gear out but i tend to always use the master track for FX combos , ive never personally used the compressor FX but maybe you could get the same result with the analog heat ?

1 Like

I use octatrack with T8 master with compressor. For live shows. Does a great job at glueing the mix together and giving you heaps of gain to mess around with. I dont have a Heat. My own thought would be use one, but not both. A compressed mix into a distortion unit might not sound as good as an open mix into distortion simply because there would be less dynamics for the distortion to chew on. But thats my opinion based on my tastes.

2 Likes

I thought the same… that is why i was a bit confused whether to use compressor on T8 or not… thx for the hint

Your ears will tell you which way to go. Dont follow my advice, try it out for yourself and see which you prefer.

2 Likes

If you want the 8th track as a normal track, the Heat would basically free that track up for you. The analog saturation helps glue everything together, and the envelope can be set up as a simple compressor.

2 Likes