Octatrack Black - Made in Poland?

Carlsberg. Danish beer brewed in the UK. Fosters. Australian lager brewed in the Uk. Octatrack Black. Swedish Sampler brewed in Poland.

5 Likes

Try ogĆ²rki konserwowe, home made if possible, you may like it more ! (depends on personnal taste of course)

3 Likes

Hush yer dirty mouth! :wink:

1 Like

And the whole year I spent living in Australia (working in two different pubs) I never saw a single pub or bottle shop selling the filth.

Now, if weā€™re talking Polish lagerā€¦

De fucking licious.

5 Likes

Unfortunately almost impossible to find in this part of France, or at least not as easily as in the UK. But Pelforth will do perfectly well, as will other local beers.

My A4 says Made in Sweden, just to stay on topic, but itā€™s also old. So does the Analog Drive.

1 Like

Bubcia, my Granny.
Made in Poland, 1925.
Kicked arse for 95 years.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s probably the reason theyā€™ve raised the prices! :slight_smile:

The most flimsy/plasticky gear I have is made in France, (Mincromonsta/Quadrantid Swarm) :slight_smile:
(OTO machines on the other hand are great quality, also made in FR.)

Polish craft beers = awesome

Just quick update: After testing OT Black for couple of days I decided to return it back and change for grey one. When I received OT on Friday previous week I was only surprised it was made in Poland, therefore I have started this discussion. Now I can honestly say thereā€™s something wrong with quality control at new factory. First, one of screws inside the box came loose (probably from PCB board). Okay, it might happen but you donā€™t want to open box and loose warranty. Then, the main issue I have - thereā€™s a weak squeak on the side where you plug the adapter, itā€™s audible and really annoying. I tried several sockets within my home - same result. I own Digitakt too and itā€™s totally silent when plugged to the same sockets. Third, more or less cosmetic issue, alternative prints are barely visible on the black case. I mean there are almost invisible. It might be a problem for new users, especially when all keys blinks and you havenā€™t memorized keys locations yet.

You mean the metal case is not electrically grounded?

I never say that, I am just saying thereā€™s some kind of noise similar to ground noise. Hard to say what causes it, I am not electrician.

I ordered a Black OT as soon as I could, from Andertons here in the UK. It came to me from the first delivery they received. I didnā€™t think to check the ā€œMade inā€¦ā€ label. Within a week the LED under the [AMP] button had stopped functioning properly. It would show purple when it should have showed white, and would fail to light when it should have shown green (I think). It took me another week or so to work out it was a fault, rather than having engaged some mode :laughing:.

Elektron acknowledged the fault from a couple of photos and a description. Andertons arranged a replacement. Very easy.

My replacement unit says ā€œMade In Polandā€ on the base. It has been working perfectly for the four or five days Iā€™ve had it (occasional use in the evenings; on through most of the weekend).

Interesting minor differences:

• my first one had a ā€œhologramā€ Elektron sticker holding the product box closed (ā€œprovingā€ it hadnā€™t been opened since the box was put together); the second one didnā€™t
  • the first one had a PSU-2b [edit: maybe a PSU-3c], the second one a PSU-3b. The Elektron website doesnā€™t list the PSU-2b if you filter the shop for [OT MK II] Accessories.

Iā€™ve got PSU-3c

My first one might have been a PSU-3c, now that I look at your photo.

What you call ground noise can be a broken cable anywhere in your system.
Try a headphone and check if it is the same issue.

Had one from Poland that came with debris in between the screens. I dealt with it because we canā€™t be too picky. Then after a week & a half of using it, it absolutely froze and bricked itself. Wasnā€™t able to reboot it, flash it, nothing. Just turned it on and it wouldnā€™t do anything at all. Not sure if location matters with things like this. But it is kind of upsetting.

1 Like

Noise is coming from case itself after powering. No other cables connected, just Octatrack and power adapter.

I also got a black Rytm with dirt under the screen. I returned it and didnā€™t get a replacement. I donā€™t know where it was made.

This is interesting. Many years ago camera production switched to China from Japan and people showed concerns over quality control that wasnā€™t entirely unfounded. It will be interesting to follow this thread.

if i will ever sell my grey OT iā€™m sure gonna advertise it as ā€˜ā€˜Made in Swedenā€™ā€™ :stuck_out_tongue:

tenor

9 Likes