Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Don’t see any misalignment with the arrow keys, or maybe I’m misunderstanding your comment… Can you share a screenshot?

Wasn’t that a joke?

WOW. good for them. sold 350 units of a 10-year old machine in a day. and for all of us that this is happening. shows you this bad boy ain’t going anywhere any time soon.

I’m curious what the black edition ones will look like; how different they’ll be from the anniversary editions. maybe they just won’t say “anniversary edition” lol.

Thats exactly what Moog did with the sub 37. Theres the Tribute edition that has ‘tribute’ written on it, the regular one does not. Genius.

3 Likes

Exactly this. A couple of button colour changes, different Elektron logo and a regular 16GB CF card. Re, the card, who even uses the factory content anyway??? This one is just for fanboys/girls and collectors.

3 Likes

The OG arrow buttons are aligned with the vertical column of track buttons. This is very pleasing from a design point of view, and ergonomics.

The MK2 arrow buttons are misaligned. More buttons overall, means they had to squish things around to fit it all in. Not so pleasing.

I think they will just be black aluminium instead of carbon…

Aaaaaggghhh! My eyes!!

5 Likes

…there u have it…back to black…and back to boutique…exclusively truu boutique beauty…

:wink:

1 Like

I get how some would be frustrated by that.
I personally wouldn’t want the arrows any closer to the record button, after getting used to that same arrows<—>Rec spacing on the MK1

4 Likes

CF card is still a pro standard, for a long time it was a better choice than SD, SD has improved in speed in recent years though. I don’t see the need to change to SD in the OT although I would not be against it either, it does not really affect usage either way.

Large capacity SD cards do tend to be cheaper than CF though, but personally I prefer a bunch of well organised smaller capacity cards than a 64gb card with tons on it. YMMV.

7 Likes

someone’s probably already said this but i hope the upcoming standard black version retains the LED colours of the MKII, really love those colours compared to these revisited old ones.

You’re thinking about the Flex/Static machine Parameter A : PTCH

That image is from the new Pidgin machine in OSv1.40 getting released tomorrow. From the manual:

“The Pidgin Machine allows you the ability warp your vocal samples in never before imagined ways; greater levels of PIGN increase the Pidginess of the sample, interpolating between native toungues and lingua franca”

3 Likes

From an ergonomic point of view, I think the arrow keys are placed right, I think it’s more important there’s a gap before the transport controls than things line up perfectly.

My inner dickhead wants to kill it though…

1 Like

Octasmash part deux :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the pink version. Probably in 2.5 years from now. Black is so boring :grin:

3 Likes

I agree. I much prefer the arrow placement on Mkii.

Also, not being in line with the track keys, makes it clearer that they hold an entirely different function. I think it’s a design decision and not a result of too little space. But who knows.

2 Likes

Sold out. For such an expensive item that was remarkably quick. A lot of folk were still at work.

1 Like

Yeah Elektron! See what kind of people we are?
We debate the spacing of buttons on the internet!

Thats the kind of people that buy your products.
Use this information wisely, oh makers of fine noise machines.

3 Likes