Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

I ordered black machine drum knobs from elektron directly. I put Chroma Cap fader on from DJ Tech Tools.

3 Likes

…o…before this all comes down to pink in mk2 reissue wonderland, we defenitly see a truu new generation of it…

1 Like

Looks cool! However, having just bought the mkII a few months back, not knowing this was coming along… :crazy_face::upside_down_face: would be nice to be able to have the option of buying a card with the anniversary content… is this a bid deal to anyone else who may have just bought a MKII?

Nope. Only 50 of them were available in their own shop.

Well, there goes my hopes of a reworked, modernized Octatrack being revealed at Digital Namm next month. Maybe another flagship sampler with overbridge, updated sound engine/effects with crossfader will come out at some point.
Possibly they will continue the sampler line with a higher end Digitakt Pro/mk2, since Octatrack code is completed, and wont be reworked for a new iteration as far as I can gather.
I love Octatrack, but with it being a 10 year old engine now, I would have thought they were going to replace it with a completely new model that works with overbridge, since they are heavily invested in that, at this point. Oh well…

they only sold 50!?! losers. :upside_down_face:

Thomann still has them in stock:

https://m.thomann.de/dk/elektron_octatrack_mkii_anniversary_ed.htm?o=1&search=1606945016

2 Likes

Sweetwater also still has preorder stock available as of now for $1499.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OctatrackAnn--elektron-octatrack-mkii-anniversary-edition-8-track-dynamic-performance-sampler-limited-edition

Hey elektron, happy anniversary!

AE is such “lawyer’s guitar” thing :slight_smile:
I was waiting for something new

Still Elektron fanboy.

Who said analog 12 ???

Just to clarify,
I’m not saying that one is better than the other.
I think in terms of spacing from transport they are equal. The square buttons just happen to take up more space (just compare spacing between individual MK1 step keys vs MK2).

Agreed!

I think Elektron are kinda damned either way with the Octatrack.
Keep selling it and people will start to call it outdated.
Discontinue it and people will say you need to bring it back.

We can’t really call the Octatrack out of date when people are buying old SP1200s and S950s for increasingly silly money.

Or maybe that’s the problem. Maybe the Octatrack’s ubiquity is what’s killing it for some people. For sure if they’d only made 12 and half of them were broken they’d be the stuff of legend by now. As far as I see it, the Octatrack is wildly popular as it is, Elektron should keep selling it for as long it’s profitable to do so.

I’m not buying one til they do a hi-viz edition though.

I’m not even kidding.

13 Likes

The thing I find with the OT is - it’s audio, how can audio be outdated? You put a sample on there and it sounds fresh as. FX wise - yeah, they’re not the best - but you have Thru machines and Cue Outs - the entire planets FX repository available! Things like the graphics on the screen don’t bother me at all. The only thing you could probably call out is the timestretch engine, but then, that gives the OT its character, doesn’t it? :grin:

6 Likes

Correct, it seems in line with Elektron strategy

1 Like

Would buy.

1 Like

Glad they’re all gone, I was feeling tempted…

OT is definitely my most used instrument.
Would be the first one I’d get if I were to loose everything, no doubt.

6 Likes

Not sure they will sell out in a day, but just occurred to me that 350 units is around half a million quid’s worth of Octa

2 Likes

That’s quite something…Hope to see what’s next for Big E!

1 Like

I’d get it if I wasn’t saving for the Pulsar ! Damn it choices. …

1 Like

You’re weird. I like it.

It looks like the OG MKII has had its page refreshed also - now hanging out with a bunch of rocks. I dont recall seeing this before. Love their recent product photog btw

3 Likes