Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

100% this. I feel like getting into something like the OT and then complaining it’s ‘outdated’ is missing the point — a lot of people with these types of gripes should just get Ableton and be done with it. I have yet to find anything that makes me as happy as the OT does in terms of what it does and how it does it. Literally the only thing that I wish it had was Overbridge to record individual tracks — or some new version with dedicated track outputs, wouldn’t even have to be Overbridge (although I presume it’s already tight for space under that chassis!).

Also, I might be in the minority, but I find the graphics iconic and charming, even having experienced the Digi/latest Analog UIs. I wouldn’t ever want them to change! :smiley:

7 Likes

audio nuggets to you sir

2 Likes

haha, yes

I dunnoooo, this makes me think the digi mk2 is gonna be a beast

Love this new product photo (and all the recent ones) but that patch of dirt by the encoders is giving me massive anxiety :sweat_smile:

I can’t wait to see how the black version will look

2 Likes

Soon to appear on eBay for triple the price lol

3 Likes

I take back what I said about no changes aside from individual track recording… After seeing this comment by @captain8 I have to agree: left hand crossfader would be a dream. I spent many years (many years ago) scratching records and I still can’t get used to fading with my right hand :sweat_smile:

1 Like

and why not, I don’t even have an octatrack but I know that it deserves it’s place among the pantheons of beat machine legends.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea

1 Like

I’m married to my Octatrack Mk2 and we’re doing really well together…but…oh man…this one does look gorgeous…

Glad that it’s a limited edition, that way the temptation will be off the market very soon.

Anyone get any confirmation emails beyond the initial “thank you for your order”? I put it in my cart early today but didn’t actually check out until the sold out message went up.

There will be a MKII soon, that will not be limited edition :sweat_smile:

Would probably buy this just to check out the Artists’ contents in the CF card. Another reason to buy the Octatrack again for the 3rd time!! :panda:

1 Like

Call me grumpy, but I just want to trigger slices from a midi controller.

Looks nice though :slight_smile:

I hate to be like this but how would today have been if it were an MK3 version announced? Okay, now dig down deep in your seat and compare that feeling to an Anniversary Edition of Octatrack MKII.

People still gripe about this having no interaction with Overbridge. Did I miss that update?

What about the fact that regular MKII was MK1 as a reface and verbs.

The Delay is still uninspiring.

I do not know how they did it but I could only justify this as an aesthetic upgrade atop a reface.

I still like it but is this now the generic colorway? What about when black is a regular option… isn’t this weird?
I agree with whoever said this is like the Instagram/Youtube drop unboxing edition.
Might as well release a bunch of other MKII in nice color combinations to make this more than just an aesthetic anniversary edition.

And why not Gold… Gold is the $#!% playa!
I’m kidding but if you’re gonna give people something to differentiate the unit, don’t follow it up with regular black units because that’s just proof, OT MKII has a ceiling…

A real Anniversary edition should’ve been OB enabled.

Okay, I digress.

My buddy who is blind and loves his OT MKII asked me if he should upgrade. I told him it’s like he’s already seen the future of OT MKII :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Im seriously thinking of ordering one from Thomann and selling my Mk1. Not sure.

1 Like

“It’s outdated”… like an 808 or a Minimoog.

6 Likes

Yes! I’m so happy. It puts Abletons drum racks to shame!
Lightning fast!

1 Like

Yes! Now we may have the tri-trinity! Three of each machine, one of each flavor.

3 Likes