Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Must be gone already!

Very much doubt I’ll ever get my hands on one but I’m (mostly) ok with that. Was just being nosy and wanting a gander at the listing!

g0r0s, my OT neighbor so close
whats up - im #139 here in the Bay :metal:t4:

I think I got em all down to see which number units are left (58 spoken for)

11, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 37, 58, 61, 63, 64, 67, 71, 78, 79, 80, 85, 98
102, 103, 123, 138, 139, 147, 157, 158, 161, 183, 184, 191, 195, 199
201, 203, 217, 218, 235, 238, 241, 244, 246, 247, 263, 266, 268, 274, 278, 280, 282, 288, 293
302, 305, 325, 340, 343, 347

reply here to add your new friend to the list. who am i missing?

1 Like

Here is another one

I am keen on the Black one rather than AE to be honest

1 Like

Perfect Circuit

1 Like

Happy Guardians of the AE. What are the exclusive AE sample sets/projects like, out of interest?

Definately…i am considering the grey model…there are some from 850 - 950…

And look, what else i found…:

It sounds great but I’m three-weeks back in school trying to absorb some really hard stuff right now so I haven’t had the time to make any recordings. However, Federico Chiesa did a recent tutorial

I’ll get back on it soon but realistically it’s probably gonna be a while before I’m relaxed enough because I’m also still upgrading/rebuilding my studio and half the stuff isn’t here or the new stuff came in weird/damaged and now I have to buy other stuff.

Also, I finally ditched the metal Road Ready racks and… Oyaide cables. After, 8 years I’ve just had enough of the many problems I’ve experienced with Oyaide Nei-+ so I sought and found better cables. I’ve stopped playing around with their expensively stylish but often problematic stuff.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has asked this but it would be really nice to organize a listening/viewing post to showcase individual remixes of the AE’s CF content. As AE owners, we were all given the same CF content and if we stuck to that, it could yield some really nice results. It gives us an opportunity to hear what we can make as individual AE owners using the same content -no more, no less.

Since, I don’t want to get banned by demanding we something that may be legally prohibited by Elektron or Elektronauts… let us know if you are interested by liking this idea and/or replying with feedback on how best to do this idea.

We actually have a lot of time to do this. I don’t want it to feel like a contest. It would be an opened-ended thing without no prize or time limit since the stuff we have will work until the unit is officially dead.

Obviously, there needs to be some rules, like…

• Using external FX would normally be okay to use but truly trying to stick to using only the AE CF content means sending to a DAW as “FX” and then manipulating it there -before it gets back to OT- is not working exclusively with sounds on the CF and only the capabilities within OT. I didn’t make a rule, I’m just saying if you’re gonna keep it real, act like the OT MKII AE, AE CF, and headphones are all you have to work with.
7 Likes

Ok, thanks for the reply, mate :pray: Take care of yourself.

Now we’re talking!

Challenge accepted :tongue:
You might want to launch this on the Science Lab part of the forum.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with Neo+ cables?

I never had issues to be honest.

Sounds fun!

I’m down for this. Started running a COVID test centre just after I got mine so time playing with it has been limited. This sounds like a fun way to focus my attention whilst I get to grips with the ins and outs of this beast.

When’s the Poctatrack edition out?

There was one on Thomann this weekend that I bought, but last night I decided to cancel my order because I found a 1 month old mint MK2 locally for 600 Euros cheaper and I could not justify that price difference…

So if anyone wants to buy an AE, keep refreshing Thomann viciously.

1 Like

We cant see that many because there are only soo many😄

maybe it´s been answerd before but if you have a registered AE can you re download the content from the CF Card or do you have to make a backup upfront?

It’s in your account under My Sound Packs, redownloadable.

Ugh. Almost ordered one. But did not. I’m addicted to gear :face_with_thermometer:

Anyway. I had this idea. So I’m curious.

I’d like to use scenes to “mute” tracks.

I’ve had an OT before and one of my biggest gripes was FX as inserts to when I’d mute a track, it’d kill the FX. Ok for some occasions, not for others.

So my question. Does the volume on the AMP page come before the insert. If I set a scene instance to turn the volume down, will something like a reverb or delay still ring out?

My idea is to bring tracks in and out using scene buttons instead of track mutes.

Thanks!!!