Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Just noticed there is 1 in stock at Rockshop in New Zealand

Yeah, turning down amp volume does not cut fx tails.

Also arranger mutes do not cut audio but triggers - so you can use arranger, with loop set for each row to INF, and you can manually change rows for a kind of preset set of track mutes, using the REM command before each row you can name them too, so like intro1, intro2 etc.

3 Likes

Even if I would. I could not sell my AE. 3000ā‚¬ is not enoughšŸ„³ Its just beautiful.

Nice! I like the idea of muting via the scenes.

Personally though, Iā€™m not a fan of song modes/arrangers. I always thought that was how I could write techno. But for me, I learned that I need to jam the track out live (hence the mutes) and break out of traditional song layouts.

Sometimes itā€™s rad (a lot of the time) but from time to time itā€™s just weird.

Man - super curious about the OT

As you can only have a scene fully active at a time, you wille have to think of this as mute groups.
This would make it a bit difficult to jungle with other scene powers, so could be a bit tricky.

The Arranger doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a linear progression of a track.
You could have several lines forever looping showing you different mute groups on a single pattern, for instance, and switch from one to the other manually.

2 Likes

Dropped ā‚¬500ā€¦ Perhaps got a bit too greedy with all that Bitcoin, GameStop mania going on lately.

Yep, and itā€™s still not selling because heā€™s taking the piss. I could understand AE prices going up massively after a few years (especially if OT got discontinued) but not straight away like this.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just sent them an enquiry on whether itā€™s actually in stock or not. Still debating if Iā€™ll bit the bullet on it if it isā€¦ itā€™s pricey!

Update: Damn, theyā€™re quick - it is available!

Yeah I think itā€™s like $800 more than what I paid for new Mk2 grey 6 months agoā€¦

Thereā€™s one in Franceā€¦ number 336

If someone wants one, there are a few on ebay kleinanzeigen germany. Pricy thou

Hey, I cannot say that everyone will experience issues with this brand but, I think I ignored what can be best described simply as ā€œpresent noiseā€. It went away once I replaced these cables and Iā€™m sure that mine were both legit and undamaged. Iā€™m still testing and inspecting my system with these cables, but itā€™s something you should investigate if you hear something that shouldnā€™t be present at 0.

349 is posted for sale on Reverbā€¦for $3000 USD

I was in the market for another OT after the 1.40 update with BPM per pattern (will NEVER sell again :man_facepalming:t5:), and I found a Reverb listing for $2000ā€¦so I bought it lol I figured thatā€™s the cheapest Iā€™ll find an AE. Canā€™t wait for mine to arrive on Thursday! Iā€™ll update with my number if it hasnā€™t already been listed.

Iā€™m not one to buy and sell gear, but the BPM per pattern is what made me keep the DT to use with Ableton and sell the OT in November (shouldā€™ve waited a month lol). Iā€™m not multitracking via OB, as I like to use the compressor, but I will miss overdrive for my kick drums. Does anyone in here who has used a DT know how to achieve a similar effect on OT? Should I increase the resonance of low frequencies with EQ and then compress? or is something else going on inside DT? Iā€™m not an audio pro though FYI

try the ā€œDistā€ parameter on the Filter effect (itā€™s on page 2 of the effect / setup)

3 Likes

Thats good. Only a bit more than the retail price.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll give this a shot ASAP

So how do I use this thing eh heh

1 Like

Unit 66 reporting for duty. I see 67 is in here!

8 Likes

Execute Order 66! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi there OT AE neighbour!

1 Like