Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Indeed an anniversary edition released 10 years later is predictable. Some have been predicting it for years.

It’s still a beast of a machine that more than gets the job done, and I’m looking forward to using my MK1 for the next 10 years. Can’t imagine performing without it.

10 Likes

You lucky bastards! :elot:

2 Likes

Not sure what it is, but I don’t know any other newly released device that still uses old CompactFlash. Even high end Canons use CFExpress these days.

I feel guilty coming along late to the show. Out of interest does anyone know how much the original OT cost 10 years ago? (sorry not trying to rub salt) but just seeing if theyve always been around this price even with inflation.

1 Like

this version looks really nice, regardless of any hardware/software upgrade or not, it refreshes its look and kinda turns it into a new machine :smiley_cat:
:beers: to the anniversary :elot:

1 Like

CF cards give that sonic warmth that other cards can’t give. Only floppies sound warmer.

19 Likes

I’m very tempted. How can you see how many are left ? :smiley:

1200 €

3 Likes

Cheers Adam. Their worth every penny regardless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine is on the way!

4 Likes

Agreed and consider that in 2010 that money went a little further due to inflation.

Would be 1370 € in 2020 money.

4 Likes

Yes but youve had 10 years head start on me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Already ? wow ! Congrats

I work at a synth shop so they pay me in Octatracks

10 Likes

I have some cash left from 2010. I can trade it for your 2020 money at that rate if you like.

1 Like

Cheers! :blush:

1 Like

I hate this so much. I want it but can’t justify buying it. Never make another grey elektron box.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about tape drives … :rofl:

2 Likes

Considering the 350 are spread out between elektron’s web shop and dealers around the world, not sure you could truly know until everyone is out.

Surely the shops getting them have a strict allotment for even pre-orders.

3 Likes

I’m passionate about the OT, so I would love to have this, but I hesitate to believe the Elektron of today is capable as being as daring and innovative as they were when they first made the Octatrack. A new paint job and look is a fantastic way to celebrate an anniversary of a product, but it is just too obvious to me that this is ultimately a marketing gimmick.

4 Likes