Octatrack MKII Gate Pattern Change like MachineDrum

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Basically all I am missing is a constant signal that can be used as the On and Off, like a CV. Unfortunately that translation is lost because each midi key sends a Stop when released.

I think I would actually need a controller that sends a constant of some kind or another, kind of like a latching effect that can be used to filter the Note Off until all keys are released.

Only last played with the variable I added.
A range can be added too.

Doable with Retrokits RK002 I think. I have it too. Midipal / Midibud / Midibro can be also edited.

Bomebox can be appropriated apparently :

conditional execution, e.g. IF pp < 20 THEN do

The variable setup you had did not work for me. There was actually no stops. I had to change the variable to the Y for it to work. Is it working for you? It is working, but it does catch a stop here and there. Maybe I copied the script wrong?

Yes, I need to implement more conditional code. I am going to take a look at Bomebox.

I didn’t test the script I posted here, maybe a mistake, but I did another one and tested it.
I can check it twice and post it !

1 Like

Here are the settings I have.

Event Processor Plus Settings 4.rtf (1.5 KB)

You store velocity as variable 1, I don’t think it’s relevant. :wink:

Here is my script :
PATTERN-GATE.rtf (1.5 KB)
Channel 16, only last played note sends Stop.

Setting #1: Map all Note-On events on MIDI channel 16 to Program Change events on MIDI channel 16, with the incoming Note number mapped to the outgoing Program Change number.

Setting #2: Map all Note-On events on MIDI channel 16 to Note-On #35 events on MIDI channel 16, with the incoming velocity mapped to the outgoing velocity value.

Setting #3: With all incoming Note-On events on MIDI channel 16, store the Note number in “variable 1”.

Setting #4: Map all Note-Off events matching the note number in “variable 1” on MIDI channel 16 to MIDI Stop events.

1 Like

Tested with OT with a keyboard : works great ! :thup:
Even holding several notes.
Playing patterns with my synced keyboard’s arp !
(Tested with 1/16 at 274 bpm)

In fact I’m not sure to keep Stop function. Maybe I’d prefer a silent pattern.
This can be optional, with certain values.

1 Like

Is this using the Midi Event Processor?

Because the Gate Pattern Change on the MDUW was my favorite thing to play with- and this code would actually make me inclined to acquire one

Edit: NVM- Event Processor Plus. Just saw it.

2 Likes

I thought of that, but according to midi solutions software velocity 0 is the preferred way to map a Note Off. Every time I set Note Off I got the pop up window telling me this, so I thought I would give it a try.

1 Like

A silent pattern is definitely an option. I have used that work around before with other gear.

1 Like

So did you tried my last script ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am about to.

Everything works but the Stop, it just never stops. Are you using Octratrack MKI?

From the OT MKII Manual

“A1 (33)” “Sequencer Stop” “A4 (69)” “Active track down”
“A#1 (34)” “Sequencer Start” “A#4 (70)” “Toggle Seq sync”
“B1 (35)” “Sequencer Restart” “B4 (71)” “Toggle Seq sync + start”

I am not able to perform a Stop using the MIDI Stop function. This is how I ended up using the Velocity 0 as the Note Off function, triggering a Note On #33.

Midi Sync > Transport Receive Checked ?

I have MKI.
MKI and MKII share the same OS. I read about only 1 possible difference between MKI and MKII, related to button combination, so I don’t think that’s due to MKI vs MKII.

Midi sync and Transport Receive are both checked.

The OT responds to incoming clock, and Start / Stop from external transport controls.

I am using Auto Channel 13. I wonder if this has something to do with Auto Channel?

CC Direct connect is also checked, but I don’t think that is relevant.

I checked all of the setting by toggling them on and off. Nothing made a difference. For what ever reason, the OT MKII does not respond to the Midi Stop coming from the EPP.

Surprising, it’s a common midi message. :sketchy:
Try eventually a dedicated script to test EPP stop.
Or that would mean your OT can’t stop when receiving transport !

So what about “A1 (33)”“Sequencer Stop” ?