Octatrack MKII info

I wish they hadn’t released this !! I am seriously considering getting another one now so I dont have to move mine around between different hardware and rooms so much. That sounds so ridiculous !! But like @Scot_Solida - the ‘80s goth in me is still kicking and the black looks so cool…

2 Likes

Everything in my setup is black, grey or silver I’m happy with any of those 3 colours

4 Likes

So no brown and orange Hydrasynth on the horizon.

1 Like

Actually not that bothered I do prefer those colours …
I wouldn’t not buy something that is really good just because wasn’t those colours :joy:

1 Like

Roland TR-8 has entered the chat

But seriously, I can see why people appreciate continuity.
I didn’t want a MK2 OT with my MK1 A4.
Now that the A4 is gone, I’m more okay with grabbing a MK2 OT.
Especially in black! :dark_sunglasses:

7 Likes

That is really funny…

1 Like

Sweetwater says they’ll have these early Feb.

Collective psychosis. I was never into OT 'cause I’m not much of a samplist. I own more than half of all the Elektron models ever made (and only sold 1) but decided to skip OT long ago. But now with all this buzz around the anniversary and black repaint I suddenly feel myself longing for one. And then asking myself: why??? :smile:

OK OK...

(I 'll admit I’m a huge fan MDUW live resampling and the idea of having that supercharged on OT is just a little bit appealing…)

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve detected this near-challenging of my preference… Sorta tempted to play it safe by following the crowd (which I ordinarily never do) … you do question yourself more when there appears to be a frenzy … for me the grey appeals most when considering a number of factors, although it’s not the consensus

Also, i think it shows that many here are not making music for a living and these luxury items acquire other meanings than purely means to an end. Looks, feel and emotions become more important.

1 Like

I have always felt the need to be connected to my instruments. I think it is an important aspect, and appearance can play a good part of this bond you create.
I am not sure making music as a living is relevant to this, I have found that both my friends that are musicians first, and mdd we that have another job, feel the same about this ^^

3 Likes

Connection, yes definitely, but that goes way deeper than looks. It s just my hunch, but i think it s more hobbyists (is that a word?) than pro’s that want to exchange the faceplates of their perfectly functional OTs. Though i m sure there are mainy vain enough to want it too :smile:

I am cutting new vinyl stickers for my work-MacBook all the time!

Carpenter, painful back / neck. I want to try make sound for a living. Some OT lessons!

With Overbridge? :content:

Yep, not easy to be connected / feel perfectly your instruments if you have too many!

2 Likes

Especially lots of more complex ones, too much mental overhead :crazy_face:

1 Like

Can I buy the one from the photo for reduced price due to the rock damage ??!!

2 Likes

So gear4music are saying estimated (UK) delivery 5th-7th Jan for the black mk2.
Do we think that’s serious wishful thinking (ignoring the UK’s current, less than ideal importation capabilities…)?
Any word from elektron on when these are likely to drop?

With the holidays just starting (and probably going beyond this date in Sweden) this doesn’t sound in any way realistic. IMHO “early next year” like stated in the news article doesn’t mean the very first working day(s).

1 Like

Thomann says 6-8 weeks. I reckon G4M is just putting any old date to try to get some preorders in the bank. Then they’ll spin out the actual delivery date hoping that no one cancels.

2 Likes

Yes this is what I suspected too.
Would love a (non)shiny new black OT to plug myself into in Jan, but there is nothing more irritating than the ever extending estimated delivery date.