Octatrack Sunday

Sounds great.

OK then lets go with LFO for now.

Be creative, LFO crazyness please. I think this time a bit of detailed explanation would be good so tat we can share what we did to integrate the LFO. Deadline for submission is Sunday November 10th.

Good luck.

So I was sick so I couldnā€™t make my own submission this week but unfortunately no one else submitted either. Bit of a shame but oh well, we are all busy people. I will extend the LFO theme until next sunday in the hopes that this didnā€™t die already.

<3

Hey man. I hope you are better now. I was making something but it was more crap than something. So I will make some new crap into something so that this weekā€™s OT Sunday doesnā€™t die out. I really like the idea but I think we are the only ones hereā€¦ :frowning:

I will post it soon. With explanation what I did. I hope it will encourage others to get involvedā€¦

Peace

Thanks man. Iā€™m feeling better today so if I get some time tonight I will finish up what I had already started.
Thanks for the support, hopefully itā€™ll pick up. around here.

BumpidiBump :slight_smile:
Lets get jiggy with itā€¦ againā€¦

So what i did:

-Used Tarekitā€™s technique of transitions between scenes. Great one! Thank you
-Sliced the recorded sample once so when recording a new sample the slices are still there ready to be mangled. Sliced on 16 slices and placed trigs on every beat in a bar. So thats 1-5-9-13ā€¦ (i hope i named it correctly) in 64 steps. Slices are then set accordingly SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4 so that the sample is played back in original state when on scene B. I have some scenes assigned with different depth and speed of LFOs and some other stuff like Filter and filter envelopes.
Placed some simple LFO modulation on trigs on Sampler track (my case T4). The last trig in every bar has parameter locked different LFO speeds and depths. What LFO is driving is Rate. Simple scratches are formed with it. Needs some work of course to get that fresh scratch in time. I could take some more time myselfā€¦
Thats about it.
O yeaā€¦ and i sampled Hakuna Matata :smiley:
If you have any questions let me know. Iā€™m happy to share ideas.

Have fun guysā€¦

Leemajik

1 Like

This is absolutely brilliant. So the ipad is being grabbed and sampled live right for the LFO scratches?

The beat was pretty funky too. Great effort as always.

Hey man. No I pre-sampled it. No live sampling here. Only what is coming out of OT patteren. The cartoon is just for fun here. Sometimes it seems like it is sampled live but noā€¦ sorry heh