Octatrack Vocoder Emulation and How to Sample On Any Track

In this video I share my vocoder emulation on the Elektron Octatrack MK2. THIS IS NOT a real or true vocoder but it does emulate it’s effect and sounds pretty great on drums. Audio In - Bandpass Filter - Comb Filter - Stereoizer. Chords are controlled by scenes. Enjoy!

18 Likes

Great video, hadn’t really considered something like this when I had an Octatrack. The comb filter is a very powerful tool in the right hands.

Have to say though, pretty serious case of thumbnail wanker going on there.

6 Likes

Thanks! Thumbnail wankering is an art in itself.

7 Likes

fantastic idea! thanks for all your octatrack videos btw… !

2 Likes

Great idea.
Not so sure on the video…

Do you need 7 tracks to pull this off? Surely 3 or 4 would be enough? Since every seperate ‘chord’ can be p locked to a scene.

Just using every track at my disposal for the demonstration

They’re not even doing the slack-jaw “WHUTTTTTT?!” pose! :smiley:

2 Likes

Gotta police that shit hard if it’s ever gonna stop.

3 Likes

Lol everyone has their fight to fight

3 Likes

Goddamn right.

2 Likes

Excellent idea! And really I appreciate the thumbnail (and description) not being you with an Ohhh or Ahhh face and the description saying “THIS OCTATRACK VOCODER TRICK IS INTENSE!!!”
Not naming any names but I spend a lot of time on YouTube (too much time) and have a hard and fast rule to not watch anything at all that has thumbnails or descriptions like that because it’s always trash.

2 Likes

Imagine if the Octatrack had an envelope follower available in the LFO page, maybe an alternate mode for the custom LFO.

5 Likes

Thank you!

The list of want’s is a novel at this point!

The thumbnail gets a pass for the ‘tache alone in my book, too many bearded synth youtuber thumbnails at this point :joy:

@mpiecora formant filter with peq can be done similarly, a lot of fun for “talking bass’ etc.

Anyway, great video as per usual.

3 Likes

Thanks lol :slight_smile: glad you enjoyed it

1 Like