Octatrack with pitch and mod wheels?! [Erm, not quite!]

I was just watching a video on YouTube and noticed that the Octatrack the guy is using has a totally different layout from any Octatrack I’ve ever seen, including having pitch and mod wheels above the crossfader, all of which is on the left of the unit.

Anyone know anything about these?

Its a digitone keys.

7 Likes

I’m not seeing an Octatrack in the video – are you sure you’re not confusing it with the Digitone Keys?

2 Likes

Ahhhh. I didn’t notice the keyboard was connected!

What’s extra confusing is that the guy in the video only talks about the Octatrack and provides links in the video description for the Octatrack, not for a Digitone.

Thanks for setting me straight!

1 Like

Now I want an Octatrack Keys. Thanks a lot.

9 Likes

Digitone Keys. But yes, PB & MW are awesome. I wish all Elektron units included them natively. The destinations would probably get more love in sound design if they were always there and didn’t have to be added over MIDI. They are soooo good for performance and one of the things I love most about my DNK. The Elektron ones have very nice roll & travel.

1 Like

Me: marching over to Octatrack request thread, post-haste! :yum:

2 Likes

“Dear Elektron HQ, it has come to our collective attention that the Octatrack has a recently discovered bug which needs urgent attention towards a 37 key remedy there of …”

2 Likes

Honestly if they could just fix the MIDI keyboard Page button bug, I’d be happy :woman_shrugging:

I entered here expecting a DIY modded OT but this is better.

1 Like

Is it bad I could tell just by the colour of the filter on the video that it was OoraMusic?

1 Like