Octatrak mkii: "Silence Tracks" function not quite working

I’ve turned on the “Silence Tracks” function in the sequencer control settings. However, samples that are playing when going from one pattern to another pattern just cut off abruptly. The manual says (page 37): “The samples of the tracks will then enter their release phase as set in the APM page.” This does not happen no matter what release value I set. ???

OT will mute audio not trigs

Do you have a new sample start on the same track on the new pattern? It will immediately stop the previously playing sample. It does not crossfade between the two.

No, I did not place a new sample trig/start on the same track of the new pattern.

Edit : It didn’t work for me either, abrupt cut too, part change or not…

Did you use a different part ?

SILENCE TRACKS will, when checked, silence all tracks when changing to a pattern linked to a different part. The samples of the tracks will then enter their release phase as set in the AMP menu. When unchecked, samples from the previous pattern/part will continue to play until trigs occur on the tracks of the new pattern. Activate and deactivate this setting by pressing [ENTER/YES]. This setting affects all pattern in the project, but can be overridden on a per track basis. For more information, please see “12.11 PATTERN SETTINGS MENU