OneSynthChallenge - Make a track using only one synth and post it here

Made a track with just multitracking my new MicroFreak.
All sounds (including drums) were made and sequenced on this little board.
Mixing, comp and fx in Ableton.

Enjoy!

13 Likes

I like that :grinning:

I released this track two weeks ago, Itā€™s 100% Korg monologue and Reverb only

11 Likes

Oh, my favorite subject!

Recently I did this (not finished at all) with only a TB-303

(Yes, the bassdrum too.)

18 Likes

I am quite curious how you made that bassdrum on a tb-303. Please elaborateā€¦

Wow, thatā€™s really cool one, also interested in bd

Are all of the comments off topic or shall the topic thread changed to oneSynthChallenge, cause thatā€˜s actually a cool challenge :wink:

3 Likes

All reactions seem to be quite on topic nowā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey I actually did something similar too! Some ambient with the 0-Coast only, sampled and sequenced in the Digitakt :

Love the tracks above! Itā€™s funny how those two from @Swaitak and @Ess have a similar vibe but in different environment

7 Likes

Did this one last year. Just Grandmother.

7 Likes

This one is entirely made with the op-1.
I recorded the 4 internal tape tracks separately and played the melody on top of it.

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t using something like an A4 be cheating for this challenge? :diddly:

cuz Iā€™ve heard full songs coming from just a single A4 and the artists didnā€™t really appeared to be all that challengedā€¦

1 Like

Well, if youā€™d only use one voice of the A4^^
I made a track for a one synth challenge with one voice of my AK a year ago. Was ok with them. :slight_smile:

This is superb! Fantastic off kilter groove

Hmmm, I canā€™t exactly remember what I did - but it involves using slides and ties in a really particular way. You need to put the sequencer in a state where the next note is occurring as a slide, coming from a much higher note that is not being played. So you need to manually step forward or something.

Sampled that and repeated it, so itā€™s not a live sequence itā€™s more a sound design from the 303. Itā€™s a pretty nice kick actually.

2 Likes

Did this some time ago. SH01a multitracked

9 Likes

Did this thing using only Ableton Operator processed by only the native Live effects.

Hereā€™s the project if anyone wants to have a peek at the madness of effect chains:

Requires Live 10 Suite

9 Likes

Digitone
:smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Onesynthā€¦does the Digitakt counts as a Synth?

1 Like

i feel like with DT, A4, OP-1, etc, itā€™s gotta use only one track to fit the spirit of the challengeā€¦

Actually, thinking about it, 1track on op-1 sounds particularly interestingā€”you can record anything to the tape, but no ā€œundoā€ once youā€™ve dubbed over itā€¦

1 Like

Does it oscillate?