OP-1 Field with Elektrons-Tips and Strategies

I’ve been thinking about way to use the OP-1 F with Elektron devices.

I’m hoping this thread can contain tips, ideas, and workarounds for this combos.

For example, the OP-1 F can connect direct over USB, and act as a MIDI host. That lets you use its velocity-sensitive keyboard to play, say, the DN.

Also neat is sync, which makes it easy to sample and record in both directions.

How about recording a four-track loop from the DN on to the OP-1’s tape, then staring a new pattern in the DN to add further tracks. Kind of like bouncing tracks.

It occurs to me that the OP-1’s performance loop mode is good here too. While playing, you can hit shift+arrow to make the OP-1 skip to the next/previous loop on the tape. Used while synced to a DT or DN in song mode, this is a nice improvisational tool.

Any other ideas on how to use the OP-1 with Elektron machines?

2 Likes

Nothing? I really wish the OP-1 G’s audio host feature worked with the Digi boxes. It would save a lot of cables for audio.

I use my op-1f with my OT in two different ways. I use it going into input AB and send my guitar rig through it or use the built-in mic or the synth/drums to make loops on the OT. I also use it the other way: OT into op-1f, record OT performance onto op-1f tape. If I want midi sync between the two, I have to use the little Kenton box but it works pretty well syncing either way.

3 Likes