Optimise my setup (DJ + Live Performance)

My current setup:

I want to mix on Traktor using the midi controller, and also mix in a live performance with the DT, AK and Volca Drum. I think I’d like to have Traktor as the Master Clock, although sync on the DT from Traktor doesn’t seem to be very stable (oscillates by 3-5 bpm).

Questions:

1. Is there a better way to setup?
  2. Is there anyway I can route the DT, AK and Volva through the DT’s compressor before sending to the mixer?

Use an Octatrack as a Master and you will not have any problems.

Cheers

Are you using a traktor controller ?
Eg the s8 has midi in/out and audio ins so you could use that like another deck/ 2 decks inc fx .

If you go down traktor route you could make stems / sample decks , maybe even removing some other devices to simplify the hardware

Nah it’s just a crappy numark one with usb and headphones ports. I actually kinda want to keep the other hardware in the loop so I can keep it a bit more performative!

What if you used overbridge , ableton and mapped the dj controller to ableton. ( if you have ableton of course )
Removing traktor
Removing the mixer

Put volca through inputs of an elektron device.
It sounds a bit complicated though … in general I’d go for simple safe setup.

I do have Ableton, I’ve never tried a mixing setup but that’s a good idea! It could end up simplifying things… will give it a shot.