OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

is there no Q on the base width filter?? in OT and MM that’s like 75% of the fun is that brutal screaming resonance distortion

how do i route the octatrack into the digitakt to get its own track using overbridge?
it plays the audio through the digitakt vst also now??
i want a separate track for input left and right…

never mind, you just have to turn down the mix volume it seems

1 Like

Yes. Like on every OB devices with Inputs. If you increase the Mix Level, you will send the Audio to the Main Outputs.

1 Like

Last Saturday I played a 3 hour live set in a club with the newest update. Updated a lot of work in the weeks prior to the gig. Everything went smoothly. No crashes or other strange behavior. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Ah yes you where playing in “de basis” right? . It was madhouse in the clubs last weekend. People really needed this man!

1 Like

Yeap! Yeah it was magical :slight_smile:

Yeah I wish to have that as well… I think you can do it sort of with not routing the tracks to main then you have inputs on the master track (the track the VST is on) with the inputs?

Was playing about last night again with some free time.
The second LFO just opens up so much.
You really wouldn’t think an extra LFO would add much, but it really really does!
And the base width filter is just so amazing for cranking the bit reduction on everything without muddying up the low!
No more crushed hi-hats cranking out 100Hz peaks :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Elektron!

8 Likes

Okay, I’m back in the game.

Liked the 1010 Blackbox but a defect in mine gave the option to try a Digitakt again with more experience with “solutions” that I liked less.

There are always other trade-offs that you don’t notice initially or weren’t obvious until use. I try to read manuals but there’s a gulf of difference between “oh this conceptually makes perfect sense” and “i don’t like it”.

Anyway! Thanks Elektron for the update :slight_smile:

The extra bits really made it more attractive.

1 Like

Turning it into a workhorse :slight_smile:
Those 2 LFOs are really helping as well as the 2 INs.
Base width filter also means mixing tracks is opening up new possibilities.

3 Likes

Is there any trick to only sampling a few bars and stopping for a proper loop, or is that only possible on the OT?

I wish this was available on the DT, but so far, there are only workarounds.
The easiest is probably putting a loud click on the first step of the bar right after the loop you want to capture and use this point as an indication for trimming the sample.

2 Likes

You can sample a loop, find the right start point and make the first trigger e.g. 16 steps long and there you go. Of course no live looping and time stretching but still…

1 Like

If your loop starts on the 1st step, use threshold recording for a perfect start and manually stop recording slightly after the section you want to capture. Then start the loop on 1 and it’ll cut off the extra bit automatically by being triggered again.

4 Likes

I knew there’d be workarounds I wasn’t thinking of yet! Thanks much :smiley:

2 Likes

I know it’s been said before but the external mixer is such a great feature. Perfect for routing a submix in.

My favorite part is that when I sample my modular or something I’m monitoring it with fx and compression but it’s sampled without them so I can always adjust them to taste again when I load the sample.

Oh yeah and it was already a feature before 1.3 but I’m only recently appreciating the FLAWLESS audio + midi over USB implementation. Seriously so good… Pipe audio from my computer into DT for sampling, pipe it back to Ableton for recording w almost no latency and it works every time.

My compliments to the chef(s) :heartpulse:

7 Likes

This is exactly what I do, and your loop can exceed 64 steps by using trig conditions, e.g., 1:2 for a 128 step loop.

The technique also works regardless on which beat the loop starts. I like to do it by ear:

Place the sample on whatever step you want, start the sequencer, then make adjustments to the sample’s parameters based on how it sounds as the sequencer goes around.

4 Likes

Bug fixes! Ready for download

7 Likes

glad they got around to fixing the para eq

1 Like

How about Rytm? Anything new coming out for rytm MKII?