OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

yep…

Hi!
Anyone knows the MIDI CC numbers for controlling the new base/width filter? I cannot find them…–

From the manual p. 77

Base : 84
Width : 85

2 Likes

thank you for replying so quickly!!
(Just realized that google always showed me the old manuals, seeing the new pdf for the first time now :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Apologies for not finding a potential answer to this question earlier in this thread:

Is it possible, using the DT with OB, to route the sound from an audio track in Ableton Live through the fx on the DT, and then getting only a return track back in Live? (I’m guessing that would be through the external mixer).
And would I need to select the DT as my soundcard for doing this, or could this still be done with my Focusrite and OB activated?

Whenever there’s a chain of operations involved, I tend to get confused quickly. I hope this was clear.

You can have the FX track in Ableton.
And this all tracks that are sent to it.
But you can’t have each track with its FX, unless you record track by track: there is only one FX track.

I usually only record the Main and a few dry tracks.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s to be expected.

Ok, I’ll work on it some more. Have you tried this routing over USB yourself?
And have you been able to use the fx track in Live without selecting the DT as the sound interface, but just as an OB plugin?
Just so there’s no confusion: I’m trying to do it all itb without actual physical routing.

Are you looking for a Template? No need to have DT as a Soundcard.

You can also add another Audio Track for the DT Inputs (not shown on the picture).

On the DT, make sure that you don’t send the 8 Tracks to the Main Out, only the FXs. You find this setting in the Audio Routing menu of the DT.

2 Likes

Thank you!
This looks like what I’m trying to do.

1 Like

Tell me if it works.

1 Like

So according to the manual Filter Width and Delay Time both have CC 85 ??

1 Like

You’re right. 86 is shared too. Pinging @eangman

3 Likes

Huh weird, I remember adjusting delay time via MIDI a few times, but never noticed the filter width messing about

lol strange, I was controlling the filter width and did not notice the delay time changing, while my filter did work as expected…

1 Like

It’s possible to have the fx parameters respond to a different midi ch than auto channel to avoid cc conflicts

1 Like

Or the manual is wrong.

I just tested it by sending MIDI CC from OT:
CC85 to auto channel adjusts the filter width only.
CC85 to FX channel adjusts delay time only.

This is interesting, I’ve encountered it working differently on Rytm… For example on Rytm; if I send CC16 (delay time) to auto channel, it is also received by source level (also CC16). If CC16 is sent to fx channel, only delay time receives it

There are parameters that share the same CC number. However the FX-related parameters are controlled on a separate MIDI channel (FX CONTROL CH) unless you for some odd reason decide to set them to the same channel. The reason why it is set up like that, is because the device have more parameters than there are available CC numbers.

9 Likes