OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Midi over USB.
Go on

I would love for the pictograms to be refreshed :smiley: imagine the OT with Syntakt UFOā€™s ā€¦

1 Like

NO WAY!

I love them but not on music gear.

3 Likes

I thought the OT wasnā€™t supposed to have any major update anymore but if this thread is still active, is it because people believe there will be one in the near future ?

Can they stop updating it if this thread is still active?

3 Likes

I think you might mistake ā€œpeople want to request thingsā€ for ā€œElektron is able/want to update the deviceā€. People keep suggesting to Elektron to add sampling to the Syntakt, that doesnā€™t mean they even can or want to :slight_smile:

Personally, Iā€™d love to see more updates to the Octatrack, obviously. But I think itā€™s more likely theyā€™ll ship a new version of it (or the next evolution of it) in the coming years.

I think the Swedish law dictates that if a electronic music equipment company has a thread active called ā€œX Feature Requestsā€ on their forum, they need to honor at least 80% of the requests within a time-frame of 6 months of the request being made.

Or so we all hope.

This is so trivial to workaround though, get the MidiHub (which is useful for so many things anyways).

2 Likes

I remember people thinking OT updates were done before the 1.40 and Octa AE announcement - so always hope unless product becomes legacy

1 Like

The mutes in the arranger mute the trigs.

Itā€™s not like you get a set of buttons for doing it though. You can kind of create workarounds by jumping to rows with different mute states.

Midi loopback is another technique - plug the OT midi out to the midi in and use the midi sequencer to control the audio side. The midi mute behaviour wonā€™t cut off the audio

Iā€™m begging for full Sysex implementationā€¦or at least let us request all parameter status.

Where did you see that? AFAIK it mutes the tracks Audio and Midi.

I donā€™t think it takes too long but the ability to save/recall them would save some time.

What additional states would you want which arenā€™t sent by CC 61 (all audio CC request)?

1 Like

Heard it in the arranger !

Please enlighten me on how to achieve this.

Workaround is setting scenes to lower the vol on the AMP page to -64 in specific groups. Not ideal, but achieves what youā€™re looking for.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the arranger section of the manual

ā€œ M offers mute settings per arrangement row. Move the focus to the M column and press [YES] to open the ROW MUTE window. Enter mutes by pressing the [TRIG] keys. The first eight keys mute audio tracksā€

That leaves the effect trail but would still silence the audio of the sample

I thought that was the desired result. Mute a track leaving the FX tail.

The request was ā€˜mute the trigsā€™

But maybe they meant preserve effect trails.

Thatā€™s been discussed before:

1 Like

Indeed, as the manual says, it is muting the tracks not the trigs.

It stops the trigs trigging for the steps itā€™s muted. If you have long sample playing before the mute it will continue to sound. Try it