OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Waw nasty one.

1 Like

Iā€™m new to the Elektronauts forum, but I just wanted to ask - Is this a feature request thread for current Octatrack hardware(Mk1/Mk2) only? We are making our requests with the current systems limitations in mind and not for possible future iterations? Is this correct? Or are we letting our imaginations wonder?

More like that

Plus a fair bit of off-topic recently :wink:

2 Likes

A few things, Iā€™m sure some have been mentioned before:

• sidechain plz
  • have CUE track be a different color (maybe white?)
  • I understand that there are CPU limitations when it comes to the effects, but if possible, some kind of updates would be great
1 Like

Actually I canā€™t find how to do this. Maybe we were doing the same (a separate LOOP row with infinity symbolā€¦?)

Yes with loop, or just set rep to 64 which with 4 bar patterns is probably in most cases enough.

1 Like

Turns out the arranger crash is easily replicated with a fresh project and a two line arrangement. Will post somewhere else as itā€™s gone so off topic

1 Like

multi channel MIDI MODE CTRL CHANGE MAPPINGSā€¦please.

1 Like
  • set sample root note in the attributes menu
  • ā€œadd slice hereā€ and ā€œdelete sliceā€ shortcuts
  • some way to ā€œauto holdā€ a scene button to reveal the scenes for easy selection. (I know this has been asked for - and questioned by - users before, but it would beat using tape or a paperweight over a scene button.)
  • a ā€œpartā€ column in the arranger
4 Likes
  • MIDI CC for the sequencer record button.
  • Selectable screensaver time for longevity reasons.

Auto channel would be a lot more usefull with:

• MIDI CC for track select where value is track, instead of only next and previous.
  • MIDI feedback for track select, with value for track number.

Quick mute currently messes up mutes on an external controller, so:

• MIDI feedback for mutes when in quick mute mode.
1 Like

This is something Iā€™d love in a MK3.
Audio host.
Just saw that Maschine Plus seems to have 2 host USB ports and can be used with class compliant devices. How great to have OT with its 4 physical ins but with additional USB host inputs too.
Go on elektron!

1 Like

Comb filter pitch as a trig mode, please! Would be nice to strum the ol octabanjo

4 Likes

I just watched a bit of the Polyend Play video, and I really like that samples are automatically previewed as you browse. Please include this for the Octatrack as an option (and Digitakt too!)

1 Like

Yeah I love this idea or at least the option

When on the MIDI track setup pages, please let me use the arrow up/down/left/right keys to increase/decrease the the values for MIDI channel, program number, etc. Right now, it just seems like those keys are unused when entering these values.

It could just be my OTmkii (which would make me sad, because itā€™s been like this since new), but the encoders are too fiddly to reliably select a patch between 0-127. I was pleased to find that I could hit ā€œYESā€ to accept whatever value was on-screen, since ā€˜pressingā€™ the encoder to accept it would almost always change the value before ā€˜acceptingā€™ it and locking it in.

1 Like

I know this is a moot point at this stage of the game, maybe could be referenced for future devicesā€¦

but, if the OT had a way to read Slice Markers, like the Morphagene Reel, would be GREAT. to be able to chop-up/setup multi sample samples in your DAW would be a super time saver. :+1:t6:

1 Like

No please, that would drive me mad. Maybe as an option.

1 Like

Agreed, it should definitely be optional. I just think Iā€™d really enjoy not having to press FUNC-YES endlessly as an option!

For the next iteration, plllleeeeaassseee a proper chromatic button layout . @%^&*@! hate playing this line.

2 Likes

i use it like a mixer and efx, would be nice if a neighbor track could have any channel send to it, rather than just the one before it.

i would like to dedicate a thru track to delay and then be able to send signal from any channel to the delay channel and use the delay channel volume fader as feedback control, rub a dub style.

wait
wait
wait

even better!

if you could make a new page where thereā€™s 8 macro/bus channels available, that would be sick as fuck. you could route any of the internal audio or external audio to 1/8 software bus and then available to configure all 4 output and input as stereo or mono? YAMAHA have this sort of thing in 01v96 mixer series.
sorry if i miss someone already ask for this.

2 Likes